07 YZ450 Help

9 replies to this topic
  • diverb32

Posted February 21, 2008 - 10:30 AM

I think I might have bent my frame a bit. I am installing a new skid plate and one of the brackets won’t fit between the frame and motor.

I measured the space between the motor and frame using a feeler gauge then measured that with some calipers and have about .225” of clearance. If anyone gets a chance to measure there’s I would appreciate it.

The space I measured is in the box below. The measurement is the tightest space in that area.

Posted Image

• nap__kxf

Posted February 21, 2008 - 06:24 PM

that would most likely be a ding in the metal if it was anything at all, i highly doubt you or the skid plate are strong enough to bend that frame just by shoving it in there.

• diverb32

Posted February 21, 2008 - 06:37 PM

I was referring to the frame being bent up towards the motor from slamming it into rocks and such. The bracket that came with the skid plate should slide in between the frame and motor; it would not so I am curious if my frame is indeed bent up.

• nap__kxf

Posted February 21, 2008 - 06:42 PM

oh, you didn't put it that way in your original post, if i could find our feeler gauge i would gladly go out and measure it on my 07 but i have no idea where it is

• diverb32

Posted February 21, 2008 - 06:58 PM

oh, you didn't put it that way in your original post, if i could find our feeler gauge i would gladly go out and measure it on my 07 but i have no idea where it is

Ya sorry, I could of worded it a little better to begin with. Thanks for the offer help out!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • deezz

Posted February 21, 2008 - 08:09 PM

I measured the clearance on my 07, 450. From the center of the two cover bolts it was 7.08mm, Hope this helped!

• diverb32

Posted February 21, 2008 - 08:33 PM

I measured the clearance on my 07, 450. From the center of the two cover bolts it was 7.08mm, Hope this helped!

Ya, looks like the frame is pushed up a bit the measurement I took came out to 5.7mm. Thanks for taking the time to measure yours:thumbsup: :smirk:

• Whyzee429

Posted February 21, 2008 - 08:38 PM

mine was right at 7mm....but the gauge wasn't the most reliable one

• deezz

Posted February 21, 2008 - 09:51 PM

Ya, looks like the frame is pushed up a bit the measurement I took came out to 5.7mm. Thanks for taking the time to measure yours:thumbsup: :smirk:

Im sure you can modify the bracket to fit. Or fab one, hope all goes well:thumbsup:

• diverb32

Posted February 21, 2008 - 10:15 PM

I just ground down the top and got it to fit. Thanks again for the help!

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.