GYTR muffler

11 replies to this topic
  • djtroy

Posted February 20, 2008 - 09:22 PM

I picked up this muffler from Ebay this week for $250 and I had to order a new head pipe also $100. Does anyone have any idea how this might work on my 06 YZ450f?
What might I have to do with jetting if I have it set perfect now with the stock stuff?
I had the option for titanium head pipe or stainless and I went with the stainless steel considering it was cheaper. Whats the difference?

http://www.yamaha-mo...0/0/detail.aspx

Posted Image

• Slinkyman16

Posted February 20, 2008 - 09:29 PM

you bought that? i was gunna buy the same exact one(but backed out cause i spent the money on something else).. what was it around 400 for the complete exhaust. jetting shouldnt be that bad. but it may need a few adjustments.. and as the material goes. stainless will hold up better agianst dents. just a but more in the weight catagory.

• djtroy

Posted February 20, 2008 - 09:34 PM

you bought that? i was gunna buy the same exact one(but backed out cause i spent the money on something else).. what was it around 400 for the complete exhaust. jetting shouldnt be that bad. but it may need a few adjustments.. and as the material goes. stainless will hold up better agianst dents. just a but more in the weight catagory.

Well im fat anyways so it doesn't matter to me. I paid $250 for the ti muffler and less than $100 for the head pipe $350 total.

• Slinkyman16

Posted February 20, 2008 - 09:55 PM

damn. would of got a better deal then i would of.. good buy. let me know how you like it.

• eazrider

Posted February 21, 2008 - 04:24 AM

Why would you spend 3-400 bucks on a different exhaust that you have no idea if it is any better than the stocker...? Just curious, seems like the money would be better spent on suspension mods, or as you say you are "a big guy" perhaps a gym membership..? Just curious....

• djtroy

Posted February 21, 2008 - 07:47 AM

Why would you spend 3-400 bucks on a different exhaust that you have no idea if it is any better than the stocker...? Just curious, seems like the money would be better spent on suspension mods, or as you say you are "a big guy" perhaps a gym membership..? Just curious....

My suspension is WMI Racing as we speak. Getting new springs and a mid stroke Showa mod for the forks.
I had to repack the silencer so I figured instead of going through all the trouble drilling rivets etc etc I just bought a new one.
I ride MX so I dont have to go to the gym. I hate the gym its boring.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Wiz636

Posted February 21, 2008 - 09:08 AM

I ride MX so I dont have to go to the gym.

Lol...as an offroad racer that gets pounded on by the terrain for three hours at a time I find that comment very amusing. :applause:

• djtroy

Posted February 21, 2008 - 09:09 PM

Lol...as an offroad racer that gets pounded on by the terrain for three hours at a time I find that comment very amusing. :smirk:

I am happy being active and thats enough for me. Im not an off road racer nor am I am MX racer. When I use to race, I trained all the time. I am 35 years old and MX keeps me in good enough shape that I don't have to be like everyone else and run on a treadmill to be healthy.
If I had nothing to do but go to work and pay bills then I suppose I would have to go to the gym to stay healthy.
Like I say the gym SUCK ive spent most of my teenage years and some of my twenties in there. Im over it Mx is just for fun and I am having more fun riding then I ever did when I raced.

• grayracer513

Posted February 21, 2008 - 09:33 PM

The older you get, the less riding once a week most of the year will keep you in good enough shape to avoid injury. Complicate that with the fact that the older you get, the more likely any injury you get will be serious. Either way, you'll take longer to heal. You don't need to be a body builder, just stay strong.

• djtroy

Posted February 22, 2008 - 07:51 AM

The older you get, the less riding once a week most of the year will keep you in good enough shape to avoid injury. Complicate that with the fact that the older you get, the more likely any injury you get will be serious. Either way, you'll take longer to heal. You don't need to be a body builder, just stay strong.

Very true!!
But I was looking for opinions on my pipe not my pipes LOL. JK :smirk:

• dbehr624

Posted February 22, 2008 - 08:05 PM

Hey, I think i bought mine from that same guy!! I like the pipe a lot:thumbsup: :smirk:

• djtroy

Posted February 23, 2008 - 07:12 AM

Hey, I think i bought mine from that same guy!! I like the pipe a lot:thumbsup: :smirk:

Sweet

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.