All intending on being at Fremont for the April ride chime in.

426 replies to this topic

Poll: What months look good for each of you? (32 member(s) have cast votes)

What months look good for each of you?

1. March (5 votes [15.62%])

Percentage of vote: 15.62%

2. April (14 votes [43.75%])

Percentage of vote: 43.75%

3. May (8 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

4. June (2 votes [6.25%])

Percentage of vote: 6.25%

5. July (3 votes [9.38%])

Percentage of vote: 9.38%

Vote Guests cannot vote
  • Denn10

Posted February 20, 2008 - 09:24 PM

YES that WILL be our total group ride for sure!!! Theres gonna be so much to do that it wont even be enought time. But well deal with it, say our goodbye's and cry on your shoulder and say "no please dont leave me!!" and well be on our way home with some damn good memories. Whoever has a good camera needs to put all the pics that he takes and everyone else has and put them on a DVD disc for everyone to have.

• cleonard

Posted February 20, 2008 - 09:51 PM

The Husky is easy. There are roads that a non-low slung car can go on the whole way. It's only like 15 miles.

• cleonard

Posted February 20, 2008 - 09:54 PM

Man, I'd love to come out and meet you guys. I don't think I'm crazy enough to make the 1,968 mile trip though. If only I could sneak my R past airport security.:applause: You west coast guys really need to learn how to meet in the middle. Sounds like a blast...ride safe and have fun!

I knew a guy who took his bike apart. Packed it into suitcases and flew to Hawaii for the Mauna Kea 200. If there is a will there is a way.

• cleonard

Posted February 20, 2008 - 11:38 PM

I'm going and I may be bringing a few others. Not sure on the days as I may have to travel for work either the week before of after.

I'm not into crazy hillclimbs, but I'll do almost anything else.

I have a 4 gallon tank, so I'll have some extra fuel as well.

• sploogemonkey

Posted February 21, 2008 - 01:57 AM

Ya mo be there!

XR600R, non-plated, 4 gal. tank.

Beginner level rider, kinda. Been riding 32 years. History of injuries means no more go-fast fun. Long whooped out rides will guarantee me a night of pain.

I vote we make the "Monument Ride" a trail ride as opposed to a fire road ride. Nothing too technical with crazy uphills or downhills, but lets stay off of the established easy roads.

I'd guess that most people will prolly show for all day Saturday and leave around 2-ish on Sunday. How 'bout we agree to leave for the monument no later than noon Saturday and choose a route that's at least 30-40 miles round trip? That should leave plenty of time for advanced level rides Sat evening and Sunday.

That weekend will be a new moon (really dark) which will be perfect for "white mans fire":applause:

On cold desert night
Brave make fire small
Sit close, stay warm.

White man make fire BIG
Stand waaaaaay back
Get sun tan.

Old Indian Proverb

• jetfuel

Posted February 21, 2008 - 08:33 AM

I knew a guy who took his bike apart. Packed it into suitcases and flew to Hawaii for the Mauna Kea 200. If there is a will there is a way.

Have you read this thread CL???
http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=600548

• Agent2

Posted February 21, 2008 - 08:47 AM

I guess I will be there if there isn't anything good on television that weekend...
The Kramer Junction area is my one of my favorite places to ride. Lots of 4th and 5th gear dirt roads, some single track, couple of interesting sites in the area to explore.
I like to do about 1 hour loops, kick back, eat, gas up and head back out, Definately not hardcore, just like to be out in the desert, ride and have fun.
Hope to see you guys out there.

• kidcurry600r

Posted February 21, 2008 - 09:07 AM

Man id love to come but I dont think I'll have my new rim laced up for the Fumigator by then.

Make sure you all take lots of pictures!!

• Denn10

Posted February 21, 2008 - 09:42 AM

I dont think that anywhere out there we will be forced to go anywhere that anyone couldnt make it thru it. Worst case scenario will be soft sand prolly as theres always ways around hills and suck. We will be having a big group ride to the Husky monument it seems, numbers seem to be well into the mid teens so far. SWEET now i need to get a new rear tire, rear sprocket, and some risers so i can mount my pro tapers before then.

• martinfan30

Posted February 21, 2008 - 10:02 AM

Man id love to come but I dont think I'll have my new rim laced up for the Fumigator by then.

Make sure you all take lots of pictures!!

We will for sure! Might even put together a dvd of pics or something. I'd need help with that, I dont have a burner.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dldavis_66

Posted February 21, 2008 - 06:10 PM

I'm in.:smirk:

I think....still trying to find more details...so far all I got is somewhere off the 395 and the 58 a.k.a Kramer Junction...

What is Fremont???

• martinfan30

Posted February 21, 2008 - 07:49 PM

I'm in.:smirk:

I think....still trying to find more details...so far all I got is somewhere off the 395 and the 58 a.k.a Kramer Junction...

What is Fremont???

Fremont Peak. I beleive the camp is to the west just a hair. Check out sploogemonkeys map..

http://www.thumperta...t=598872&page=2

• dldavis_66

Posted February 21, 2008 - 08:33 PM

Okay. Gotcha.

Now....when is this thing gonna happen? April (hopefully...I got some vacation time coming)? Any specific date??

Is this gonna be a weekend thing?

Will there be any gas stations in the area?

Will there be any nudity?

Are we camping out (that'd be cool)?

What if it rains?

Will there be any peanut butter?

Can I bring my cat(he can outride anybody)?

Will there be any smog inspections?

Who's bringing the beer (I don't even drink)?

Do I need to bring all my belongings?

Will this be fun?

How many people are gonna participate in this?

I found someone in Moreno Valley possible to ride with on the way there: anyone else in the SoCal (Inland Empire) area wanna ride together?

Will there be any food-fights?

Will there be any kinky bike swapping?

Can I order a pizza??

Can someone please tell me why I need to ask all these questions?

Geeze...sorry about the 20 questions....First time I did anything like this.:smirk:

• martinfan30

Posted February 21, 2008 - 09:04 PM

Okay. Gotcha.

Now....when is this thing gonna happen? April (hopefully...I got some vacation time coming)? Any specific date??

Is this gonna be a weekend thing?

Will there be any gas stations in the area?

Are we camping out (that'd be cool)?

What if it rains?

Will there be any peanut butter?

Can I bring my cat(he can outride anybody)?

Will there be any smog inspections?

Who's bringing the beer (I don't even drink)?

Do I need to bring all my belongings?

Will this be fun?

How many people are gonna participate in this?

I found someone in Moreno Valley possible to ride with on the way there: anyone else in the SoCal (Inland Empire) area wanna ride together?

Will there be any food-fights?

Will there be any kinky bike swapping?

Can I order a pizza??

Can someone please tell me why I need to ask all these questions?

Geeze...sorry about the 20 questions....First time I did anything like this.:smirk:

Oh buddy, this may take a few!

1: Us Nevadans will be coming down April the 3rd. Most from So. Cal. will either show Fri 4th or Sat the 5th.

2: I think my first reply answers the weekend thing!

3: From what I hear, there is fuel within 15 miles from the turn off(395 and 58)

4: Nudity is a definate possibility. Just depends on how DENN reacts to his new friends.

5: Yes, this is a "camp out". Bring your pup tent.

6: If it rains, you will get wet.

7: Peanut butter is a mandatory item. If you do not bring any, and/or a suitable receptacle you will be asked to leave.

8: You can bring your "*****". Just keep it away from my peanut butter.

9: Only if you smoke.

10: BEER. If you do not bring any or do not drink it, You WILL be commended and/or humiliated.

11: What ever you own/belong to, either bring or forget about as "collateral damage"

12: I can guarantee you a good time, just call 1-800-***-****.

13: So far, up to 15 people have real interest.

14: If thats the lifestyle you choose, thats your choice.

15: Food fights will not be tolerated... Unless, well nevermind.

16: Like I said, DENN is in control of this. He likes PINK baskets.

17: Bike swapping is permitted only under written consent of Major League Baseball.

18: Are you kidding?

19: Wish I could answer that . I am done...

• cleonard

Posted February 22, 2008 - 07:23 AM

There are no facilities of any kind where we are planning on camping. Can you say TP and a shovel?

The closest gas is 15 or 20 miles away. I'll be bringing my extra gas in cans.

No trailer for me unless I can convince one of my friends to bring his MH. He has a XL600 so he should be good. I have a friend with a 83 XR500. He may show as well.

If no MH, I'll be tenting it. Well only if the weather is bad. I just sleep in the back of my truck if the weather is nice.

• kidcurry600r

Posted February 22, 2008 - 10:24 AM

9: Only if you smoke.

The person or the bike? There is a reason my bike is nick-named The Fumigator! :smirk:

• martinfan30

Posted February 22, 2008 - 11:21 AM

The person or the bike? There is a reason my bike is nick-named The Fumigator! :)

Either...

:smirk:

• Coolidge

Posted February 22, 2008 - 03:57 PM

Im pretty sure Im there. my bike has 4.7gal tank. I can 'keep-up' ride wise, but big-ass hill, with big ass rocks are my downfall. (Im short/bike is tall).

• DunlopC

Posted February 24, 2008 - 04:21 AM

Is there anyone else local in the Ridgecrest, CA area? I would like to also try and make this trip.

• martinfan30

Posted February 24, 2008 - 06:30 AM

Is there anyone else local in the Ridgecrest, CA area? I would like to also try and make this trip.

My uncle lives there.

The more the merrier!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.