All intending on being at Fremont for the April ride chime in.

426 replies to this topic

Poll: What months look good for each of you? (32 member(s) have cast votes)

What months look good for each of you?

1. March (5 votes [15.62%])

Percentage of vote: 15.62%

2. April (14 votes [43.75%])

Percentage of vote: 43.75%

3. May (8 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

4. June (2 votes [6.25%])

Percentage of vote: 6.25%

5. July (3 votes [9.38%])

Percentage of vote: 9.38%

Vote Guests cannot vote
  • martinfan30

Posted April 02, 2008 - 07:07 PM

Yeah, I'm afraid I'm under stocked...:prof:

• HeadTrauma

Posted April 02, 2008 - 08:12 PM

You are understocked if it's Bud. :bonk:

I'm going to check Vons tomorrow and see if they still have Pabst Blue Ribbon 24 packs on sale for $9.99.

While not a session beer by any means, Old Rasputin is pretty good as long as you like beer darker than your coffee and at 9% abv. :prof:

• Denn10

Posted April 02, 2008 - 08:14 PM

dont worry i got free beers!!!!

• martinfan30

Posted April 02, 2008 - 08:23 PM

You are understocked if it's Bud. :bonk:

I'm going to check Vons tomorrow and see if they still have Pabst Blue Ribbon 24 packs on sale for $9.99.

While not a session beer by any means, Old Rasputin is pretty good as long as you like beer darker than your coffee and at 9% abv. :prof:

OLD rasputin is fine swill. I also enjoy the PBR, as of right now matter of factly! Cant go wrong for ten bucks a case...

When are you showing HT? You prob. already said, but the last few days have been a real bitch trying to tie up loose ends.. So I forgot.

• HeadTrauma

Posted April 02, 2008 - 08:29 PM

Well, I messed up my shoulder(again) last weekend, so I'm not exactly a guaranteed show at this point. :prof:

I never really committed anyway, but it still sounds like fun.

• martinfan30

Posted April 02, 2008 - 08:32 PM

Well, I messed up my shoulder(again) last weekend, so I'm not exactly a guaranteed show at this point. :prof:

I never really committed anyway, but it still sounds like fun.

Oh, ok. Well we may do another ride in the fall. Hope your shoulder heals quickly!

Hows the E85 experiment going?

• HeadTrauma

Posted April 02, 2008 - 08:42 PM

Thanks. :prof: I suspect that I damaged the cartilage in my shoulder about 12-13 years ago and like a bad back it can "go out" sometimes without much provocation. Usually takes a week or two to stop hurting when I rotate it. Monday and Tuesday it was pretty bad, but today it was better. I also nearly wrecked my wrists around the same time back then, but they got better. The shoulder didn't.

I'll let everyone here know how the E85 goes when I actually get some. Nearest station is still 80+ miles away. :bonk: I'm starting to get pinging in warm weather even on "premium" 91 gas, so it would be nice to get rid of that with the cooler 105 octane ethanol. I'm starting to wonder if the PO put in a high compression piston in as supposedly the engine had been rebuilt by XRs Only sometime before I bought the bike.

• cleonard

Posted April 02, 2008 - 08:58 PM

I'm bringing piss water, um I mean Bud Light. $14.95 for a 30 pack at Albertsons tomorrow. I like the light stuff when out in the dez. Helps keep you hydrated.

HT good luck with the E85. I get pinging on my 600 and it has a 9:1 Honda piston in it. If you don't want to play the "find the huge jets" game, perhaps you sould try some toluene(home depot) or even just some AV gas.

You know sitting around a campfire slamming beers has been known to make your pains lessen. Well at least until the next morning. :prof:

• martinfan30

Posted April 02, 2008 - 09:07 PM

I'm bringing piss water, um I mean Bud Light. [color=blue]$14.95 for a 30 pack at Albertsons tomorrow.[/color] I like the light stuff when out in the dez. Helps keep you hydrated.

HT good luck with the E85. I get pinging on my 600 and it has a 9:1 Honda piston in it. If you don't want to play the "find the huge jets" game, perhaps you sould try some toluene(home depot) or even just some AV gas.

You know sitting around a campfire slamming beers has been known to make your pains lessen. Well at least until the next morning. :prof:

Thats smoking cheap for a 30 pack! I could only find $18.99 at Smiths.:bonk:

• HeadTrauma

Posted April 02, 2008 - 09:11 PM

1.) HT good luck with the E85. I get pinging on my 600 and it has a 9:1 Honda piston in it. If you don't want to play the "find the huge jets" game, perhaps you sould try some toluene(home depot) or even just some AV gas.

2.) You know sitting around a campfire slamming beers has been known to make your pains lessen. Well at least until the next morning. :prof:

1.) Thanks. I actually machined a handful of custom jets several years ago, so I at least have some blanks I can bore out for alcohol. Does anyone else here have Keihin jets with an SAE 1/4" hex and half-size orifices? I doubt it. :bonk:

2.) Believe me, I know that all too well. :confused:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cleonard

Posted April 02, 2008 - 09:18 PM

Thats smoking cheap for a 30 pack! I could only find $18.99 at Smiths.:prof:

Special 8 hour sale from 1pm to 9pm.

• martinfan30

Posted April 03, 2008 - 06:36 AM

I'm out!:prof:

See you all at Fremont!:bonk:

• Coolidge

Posted April 03, 2008 - 06:55 AM

Drive safe brutha, See yous guys Sat.

• Denn10

Posted April 03, 2008 - 08:26 AM

well i say " NANY NANY BOO BOO first one to camp is GHEY!!!!!" AHHA

• Denn10

Posted April 03, 2008 - 08:27 AM

I'm bringing piss water, um I mean Bud Light. I like the light stuff when out in the dez. Helps keep you hydrated.

YEAH thats really what that stuff does LOL does the light have more water and less alcohol? :prof:

• HeadTrauma

Posted April 03, 2008 - 08:50 AM

It's hard to tell what Anheuser-Busch does with that stuff. "Light" beer typically has less malt and thus less fermentables to turn into alcohol. AB could add alcohol to it or use a number of other processes to raise the %abv...but I don't know if they do that at all.

• cleonard

Posted April 03, 2008 - 09:03 AM

It's hard to tell what Anheuser-Busch does with that stuff. "Light" beer typically has less malt and thus less fermentables to turn into alcohol. AB could add alcohol to it or use a number of other processes to raise the %abv...but I don't know if they do that at all.

If what I remember is correct, there are two ways to make "light beer." The first is to water the wort down before fermenting, and the other is to do it after. To get the same alcohol content the wort just needs more sugars in it that normal.

• HeadTrauma

Posted April 03, 2008 - 10:11 AM

Well, they do use adjuncts like rice and corn to get more fermentable sugars while having lower impact on flavor and color than malt would. The adjuncts actually have a very distinct taste if you know what to look for. Miller High Life is a prime example.

• Denn10

Posted April 03, 2008 - 10:40 AM

damn you all sound like some home brewers LOL DRINK WATER if you wanna stay hydrated and then drink whatever beer you want!! Too bad US doesnt get GOOD german beer like i like!!!! spent a few years in germany and thats where the good beer is at!!!

• HeadTrauma

Posted April 03, 2008 - 10:52 AM

Well, I do a little homebrewing on the side. I think I still have about 2.5gal of IPA I put together in December. That reminds me, I need to build a big trellis for my hops to climb on.

One of the German beers I like(and can find locally) is Spaten Optimator. No idea how it ranks on the scale of German beer goodness, though. A lot of good stuff comes out of Belgium, too. Generally I go for the stateside micros before anything.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.