All intending on being at Fremont for the April ride chime in.

426 replies to this topic

Poll: What months look good for each of you? (32 member(s) have cast votes)

What months look good for each of you?

1. March (5 votes [15.62%])

Percentage of vote: 15.62%

2. April (14 votes [43.75%])

Percentage of vote: 43.75%

3. May (8 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

4. June (2 votes [6.25%])

Percentage of vote: 6.25%

5. July (3 votes [9.38%])

Percentage of vote: 9.38%

Vote Guests cannot vote
  • Thumpage

Posted March 28, 2008 - 10:33 AM

damnit i bet im notoriously known in these forums now as something i dont even want to think about!!

Did your dad hand out Blue box cigars or Pink box cigars when you were born? :confused:
Actually, I think everyone knows it is just funny banter from you. I don't worry about it anyway, I am not scared'ed, ('ed, ha,ha). Any funny business from you and you would just get knocked out. :prof::bonk:

• Thumpage

Posted March 28, 2008 - 10:38 AM

Where are you finding a 7+ day forecast? It's my experience that the forecast isn't usually accurate until about a day or two before.

Yahoo weather. You can pick an extended forecast. I type in the forecast for California City since it is close. If forecasts for out there are only really accurate a couple/few days out, then hopefully it will be mostly clear the whole time we are out there.

• Denn10

Posted March 28, 2008 - 10:44 AM

BORON also, red mountain all should be the same, red mountain is prolly the closest mileage wise but 6 and 1/2 dozen ya know. all we have to worry about is the wind!!! everything else is easy to deal with.

http://www.weather.c...0920?dp=windsdp

• cleonard

Posted March 28, 2008 - 10:54 AM

There is always the national weather service.

http://www.wrh.noaa.....x=31&map.y=131

You can adjust that link as it has a lat/long in it. I clicked close to the camp spot on the map.

It is still too far out to be sure, but currently it is looking pretty good. There is a system that looks like it will come in on Tuesday, and exit by Thursday. The question is will there be a follow on system for the weekend. We will have a better idea in a couple of days.

Like I said it is looking good now.

All the weathermen do is look at the models. You can look at them too.
http://www.nco.ncep....wpara/analysis/

• Thumpage

Posted March 28, 2008 - 12:01 PM

Denn,

Bring your CBR out also. There could be some real fun to be had there.

• Denn10

Posted March 29, 2008 - 07:40 PM

Any funny business from you and you would just get knocked out. :bonk::confused:

Denn,

Bring your CBR out also. There could be some real fun to be had there.

well i doubt if you will be sleeping in my trailer, or even getting out of the rain around it!! ill shoot you in the :prof: with my turkey gun loaded with some of them "WHAMMY" shells!! ANYONE whos seen joe dirt knows what them WHAMMYS do LOL

bring out $5500 and you can have it and do as you like with it!!!! jump that biotch off red mountain for all i care LOL

• Denn10

Posted March 29, 2008 - 07:42 PM

WELL i bought a generator so SPLOOGE were golden like i told you, and anyone else that may need some electricity there will be a deposit of $10 and then the rate is as follows: 5min=$5 10min+$10 AHHHH you get the drift!! Martin if you need to power up your toys (HINT HINT) take it out of camp you nevada pirate rangers!!!

• martinfan30

Posted March 29, 2008 - 07:58 PM

WELL i bought a generator so SPLOOGE were golden like i told you, and anyone else that may need some electricity there will be a deposit of $10 and then the rate is as follows: 5min=$5 10min+$10 AHHHH you get the drift!! Martin if you need to power up your toys (HINT HINT) take it out of camp you nevada pirate rangers!!!

How many watts is that blue light special you stole?

Enough to power an electric fence?

• Tattooart

Posted March 29, 2008 - 08:11 PM

That's it I am going on lock down when i get there. :prof:

• BWB63

Posted March 30, 2008 - 07:34 PM

I just got back from Glamis and as of right now I would NOT be able to make this ride. But, I am sure I will be there anyways.

I Rode till the blisters on my left hand were bleeding.

We started jumping and my son was doing ok on my CR250R and I had to try and show him up. I was up there and thought I could pull off a superman, well I didn't have enough time to get back on the bike before it landed. I can't believe I didn't crash but, landing on the seet just as the bike hit the ground with my left nut was not fun at all. My wife and I are still looking for where that nut went. I have a new lump in my neck and we are thinking that might be it. After a few trips to Competition hill and Oldsmobile, We took the long hard way to China Wall, with nut in neck and bleeding blisters I was starting to not enjoy all the sand in my grin so, I stopped grinning. I was going along and saw what I thought was a long flat, slopping run of sand with a little rise along the way. I opened up in third, flew over the rise and into a witch's eye that wanted to keep the bike. I did my best to hold on to the bike, thinking maybe we could leave together and it was working till the shoulders and arms just wouldn't stay together long enough. I landed on the top of my helmet and flopped onto my bellie. I have a big bruise on the bellie. I can barly walk, my neck hurts, blisters are killer, like to find my left nut and my gut is very sore. I think I had fun..........Get these blisters fixed a little and maybe have some more fun next weekend. Running on just the right nut till the other one drops is a bummer.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • martinfan30

Posted March 30, 2008 - 07:48 PM

I just got back from Glamis and as of right now I would NOT be able to make this ride. But, I am sure I will be there anyways.

I Rode till the blisters on my left hand were bleeding.

We started jumping and my son was doing ok on my CR250R and I had to try and show him up. I was up there and thought I could pull off a superman, well I didn't have enough time to get back on the bike before it landed. I can't believe I didn't crash but, landing on the seet just as the bike hit the ground with my left nut was not fun at all. My wife and I are still looking for where that nut went. I have a new lump in my neck and we are thinking that might be it. After a few trips to Competition hill and Oldsmobile, We took the long hard way to China Wall, with nut in neck and bleeding blisters I was starting to not enjoy all the sand in my grin so, I stopped grinning. I was going along and saw what I thought was a long flat, slopping run of sand with a little rise along the way. I opened up in third, flew over the rise and into a witch's eye that wanted to keep the bike. I did my best to hold on to the bike, thinking maybe we could leave together and it was working till the shoulders and arms just wouldn't stay together long enough. I landed on the top of my helmet and flopped onto my bellie. I have a big bruise on the bellie. I can barly walk, my neck hurts, blisters are killer, like to find my left nut and my gut is very sore. I think I had fun..........Get these blisters fixed a little and maybe have some more fun next weekend. Running on just the right nut till the other one drops is a bummer.

Brother, all I have to say is :prof: .

If you show at Fremont and are still not feeling so well... I WILL buy you a beer and shake your hand!:bonk:

Rich.

BTW, glad you are still alive and hope you and your wifey find your lost nut!:confused:

• Denn10

Posted March 30, 2008 - 08:04 PM

How many watts is that blue light special you stole?

Enough to power an electric fence?

OH YEAH and i have one and a roll with about 500 feet of wire!!!
Posted Image

• Denn10

Posted March 30, 2008 - 08:05 PM

glamis rocks!!! now stop riding once a year and build some calices up there!!!

• BWB63

Posted March 30, 2008 - 08:25 PM

glamis rocks!!! now stop riding once a year and build some calices up there!!!

Calices just get ripped off from the steel brace I wear on my left arm. The webbing that wraps around the inside of my hand grinds from the pessure of the grip. What I need to do is lossen up and learn to ride with one hand. I have almost no grip with my left hand. The left wrist is fused and the ulna bone has been cut in the clear and just floats in my left arm. It is a trip to ride without any strength in my left hand but, I am getting better.

There is three bones fused in the center and you can see the rest.

Posted Image

Later I broke that fusing over clearing a 60' doubles on the XR650R and then I got the rest fused into two groups.

Here is another picture after shooting a nail into my hand. I went riding the next day with the broken bones and all. Then I got a cast later that week and rode the next weekend with my cast that went to my elbow.

Posted Image

Posted Image

There are a few video's on my video page where I am riding with a broken hand. In this one I try to point at the camara with my broken hand.
http://borynack.com/...deo/BWBsfhc.wmv

Been to Burro Schmidt a few times different ways and it is a nice ride. A Monument ride would be the best to start the day with......Burro Schmidt is a ways from where you are camping if you are going to take the hills it make it interesting.

Here is one of the trips back from Burro Schmidt to Goler, Gene Lane is the rider.

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://borynack.com/XR650R/

• cleonard

Posted March 31, 2008 - 09:20 AM

I have given up on the sand dunes for the most part. It's great fun, but I end up hurting myself just about every time. That's from just riding them, very little air time. Heal quick.

If you can make it out you can always just hang and drink beers.

Due to the varied skill levels of the group I was thinking of a relatively easy ride to the tunnel. Something like across Cuddyback, go by Red Mountain and then just take EP15 to the tunnel. That route is all dirt roads and relatively easy jeep trails. If we have several people who know the way maybe we can have more than one group. One group can go a more technical way and the other on EP15.

• Agent2

Posted March 31, 2008 - 10:06 AM

Due to the varied skill levels of the group...

I will be in charge of the slow, lazy group, the guys who gotta stop to eat every hour or so....
One ride I would like to do is the pass through the Black Hills on the north side of Harper Lake, some great scenery. But I have never made out the other side, I believe the west exit is pretty close to the Monument and the east exit go to the Copper City area. Anyone familliar with the route?

• cleonard

Posted March 31, 2008 - 10:16 AM

I will be in charge of the slow, lazy group, the guys who gotta stop to eat every hour or so....
One ride I would like to do is the pass through the Black Hills on the north side of Harper Lake, some great scenery. But I have never made out the other side, I believe the west exit is pretty close to the Monument and the east exit go to the Copper City area. Anyone familliar with the route?

I've done the loop from the Monument headed east and then south through black canyon. It is a long sandy wash, so if you don't like deep sand it is not the way to go. If you go a little further east there is Inscription canyon a spot with many petroglyphs. I've been by it about 20 times, but never stopped and taken a look.

• BWB63

Posted March 31, 2008 - 10:26 AM

Here is a picture show of that area with 30 BRP's. The tunnel back when it still had the little engine there. Husky and trails around.

High speed internet:

http://borynack.com/...sertsldshow.wmv

Dial Up:

http://borynack.com/...tSlideShow.html

• Denn10

Posted March 31, 2008 - 10:37 AM

BRO dont even try that "im slow" story with me!! maybe the others but ive ridden with you and your far from slow!! Leave the slow to SPLOOGE cuz he wont be able to get out of bed prolly!!! Rumor is Martin is a trader and made arrangements to sleep with SPLOOGE in his trailer??? WT Heck is with that!!!!

• martinfan30

Posted March 31, 2008 - 10:38 AM

Nice job on that Bruce!

Hey, that waterfall that you were going down (about 5 and a half minute mark). Hard to tell by the pics, how would you rate it difficulty wise?

Related Content

Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.