All intending on being at Fremont for the April ride chime in.

426 replies to this topic

Poll: What months look good for each of you? (32 member(s) have cast votes)

What months look good for each of you?

1. March (5 votes [15.62%])

Percentage of vote: 15.62%

2. April (14 votes [43.75%])

Percentage of vote: 43.75%

3. May (8 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

4. June (2 votes [6.25%])

Percentage of vote: 6.25%

5. July (3 votes [9.38%])

Percentage of vote: 9.38%

Vote Guests cannot vote
  • martinfan30

Posted March 24, 2008 - 04:41 PM

Simply put in "Husky monument, California" in the Google earth search box and it comes right up ..zoom in and go left on the map till you hit the HWY and those cooridinates Denn gave are spot on ....

Careful Denn there is a different type of "Predator" watching you....:confused:

I did that and it shows three Husky monuments! I think its obvious which one it is though. The southern most.

• sploogemonkey

Posted March 24, 2008 - 05:37 PM

I just got home. Been in OC all day, even found time to head down to the Newport Pier and snipe on some prime Spring Break tail bouncing around on the sand. :confused:

I'll put together some maps tonight. I already checked out Denns coordinates and I've already pinpointed the exact camp spot.

I'll check back in later this evening.

• HeadTrauma

Posted March 24, 2008 - 07:13 PM

DENN gave me the coordinates, so no telling if they are good.
CAMP 35 11'54.40 N, 117 30'18.59 W>

Highway 395/Freemont Peak Road 35 11'5.61" N, 117 35' 42.22 W

Just punch em into Google Earth and gives you a nice overhead. Should be easy to find.

IF someone gets a minute, and knows how(before I figure How to!)... Punch in these 2 coordinates and start a new thread Titled "April Camp" or something. So I can sticky it for everyone whos going knows where to go.

Try entering the coordinates in decimal degrees instead of degrees/minutes/seconds. The decimal conversion for those numbers, courtesy of the Federal Communications Commission, is:

N35.198444 W117.505164

Enter them just like that in the GE search bar.

EDIT: I gave the above method because I always use decimal degrees on my GPS, but you can also enter it in deg/min/sec just fine. You need to format it with the characters in front of the numbers:

N35 11'5.61", W117 35' 42.22

• martinfan30

Posted March 24, 2008 - 07:20 PM

Try entering the coordinates in decimal degrees instead of degrees/minutes/seconds. The decimal conversion for those numbers, courtesy of the Federal Communications Commission, is:

N35.198444 W117.505164

Enter them just like that in the GE search bar.

Nice, thanks that is much easier than the other format.

• Denn10

Posted March 24, 2008 - 07:52 PM

Simply put in "Husky monument, California" in the Google earth search box and it comes right up ..zoom in and go left on the map till you hit the HWY and those cooridinates Denn gave are spot on ....

Careful Denn there is a different type of "Predator" watching you....:confused:

jet MARTIN isnt that smart to do that so you have to use baby talk to walk him thru it..............GGOOOOOO GOOOOOOGGGLEEEE GGGGAAAAA EAAARTTHHHH

martin you coming from north should prolly use 20 mule team road as your heads up the the road coming soon, figure how many miles it is from there.

• martinfan30

Posted March 24, 2008 - 07:55 PM

jet MARTIN isnt that smart to do that so you have to use baby talk to walk him thru it..............GGOOOOOO GOOOOOOGGGLEEEE GGGGAAAAA EAAARTTHHHH

martin you coming from north should prolly use 20 mule team road as your heads up the the road coming soon, figure how many miles it is from there.

Yeah see who is talking baby talk in a few weeks when minnie YOU is running around! Wait for you're first blow out diaper change!

Is there markers for 20 Mule Team Road? i.e. a street sign?

• Thumpage

Posted March 24, 2008 - 09:08 PM

Are you going to this Rich?

It's a go as far as taking off work. Now it's just all about sorting things out. In a nutshell, yes I plan on making it. :confused:

• Denn10

Posted March 24, 2008 - 09:22 PM

Yeah see who is talking baby talk in a few weeks when minnie YOU is running around! Wait for you're first blow out diaper change!

nice one lol yes i think there is a sign.

• Thumpage

Posted March 24, 2008 - 09:46 PM

of course he is!!!! hes got a spot on the couch in my trailer if you wanna bunk up with him??? fun fun fun and i hope splooge is bringing his sister from that pic!!!

Denn,

I think you are talking about the wrong Rich, :confused:. I believe you were meaning 'Martin' Rich.
Bruce and I are not each others type, :excuseme:.
I am **strictly** a "Mrs. Splooge" kind of guy. She just seems SO right for me, :p. With that said, I of course reckon she is not 'Mrs. Splooge', (gotta cover my tracks here) but rather "Ms. Jpg.", :excuseme: :sweden:
Bruce has Mrs. BWB,.. I don't think anything could get him to stray away from her. :crazy:

• BWB63

Posted March 25, 2008 - 05:51 AM

As far as I know I am not backing out but, i am going to Glamis this week and plan on running the bike hard. I just hope it holds together for a few more rides. It's funny I thought I would have blown up this bike over a year ago. Putting the paddles on, changing the oil, air filters on all the bikes today and loading the trailer.:confused:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Denn10

Posted March 25, 2008 - 08:20 AM

well then its settled!!! BOTH Rich's will be there...WOOOOHOOOO NOW which one wants the "special" bed in my trialer???

• Tattooart

Posted March 25, 2008 - 08:44 AM

Did you guys still need a post put up with directions? I have screenshots of the area with the coordinates.

• Agent2

Posted March 25, 2008 - 08:44 AM

Heading south on 395 you will see a green sign - California City to the right, Cuddeback Lake to the left, the turn off to the campsite is about 5 miles south of there.

• Agent2

Posted March 25, 2008 - 08:47 AM

Did you guys still need a post put up with directions? I have screenshots of the area with the coordinates.

Post 'em if you got 'em - the more info the better.
You going to go?

• Tattooart

Posted March 25, 2008 - 08:49 AM

OK the new post is up "april camp"

• sploogemonkey

Posted March 25, 2008 - 08:59 AM

Hopefully these maps will work for you folks.

Here are the basic directions:

From Kramer Junction, go north on Hwy 395.

Fremont Peak Rd is approx. 14 miles north of Kramer Junction.

Turn right on Fremont Peak Rd. It is a dirt road heading east towards the mountains.

After about 3.8 miles of dirt road, you will come to an obvious fork in the road that goes to the left. Do not turn left here.

Continue straight towards the mountains (the road will narrow a little).

The camp site will be approx. 1.3 miles past the fork, and about 5.2 miles since you left Hwy 395.

Here is a map showing Kramer Jct to Fremont Peak Rd.

Posted Image

Here is a map to help you find the camp site.

Posted Image

• Agent2

Posted March 25, 2008 - 09:07 AM

Sploogemonkey and Tattooart - great jobs on the maps. Tattooart, can you post a shot with 20 Mule Team to the turn off?

• martinfan30

Posted March 25, 2008 - 09:35 AM

Excellent job guys:thumbsup:

This looks like no problem finding it now.

• Thumpage

Posted March 25, 2008 - 11:30 AM

As far as I know I am not backing out but, i am going to Glamis this week and plan on running the bike hard. I just hope it holds together for a few more rides. It's funny I thought I would have blown up this bike over a year ago. Putting the paddles on, changing the oil, air filters on all the bikes today and loading the trailer.:confused:

Glamis, :excuseme: . Have a great time. I will be expecting to see some video.

• Thumpage

Posted March 25, 2008 - 11:52 AM

well then its settled!!! BOTH Rich's will be there...WOOOOHOOOO NOW which one wants the "special" bed in my trialer???

I graciously leave 'Martin' Rich the bed space in your trailer as originally planned. As he sleeps with one eye open, I will be in my camp spot :confused: to the music of the desert Song Dogs.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.