All intending on being at Fremont for the April ride chime in.

426 replies to this topic

Poll: What months look good for each of you? (32 member(s) have cast votes)

What months look good for each of you?

1. March (5 votes [15.62%])

Percentage of vote: 15.62%

2. April (14 votes [43.75%])

Percentage of vote: 43.75%

3. May (8 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

4. June (2 votes [6.25%])

Percentage of vote: 6.25%

5. July (3 votes [9.38%])

Percentage of vote: 9.38%

Vote Guests cannot vote
  • martinfan30

Posted March 11, 2008 - 10:23 AM

No factory rider here. Far from it. Just can get a little competitive when stoked up, :lol: .
Quote: "I'll be having a good time and riding like my 12 year old pug walks. She kind of moseys along all happy, then all of a sudden she just darts and boogies for a lap around the house,..." :eek: :D
Sounds like that could be me too, as I am not in the greatest riding shape at this time. Riding for me has been very sporatic lately. So there you have it, :thumbsup:.

What, you ride an L?:ride:

• cleonard

Posted March 11, 2008 - 12:28 PM

Just for info.

Most of the 100% legal riding in the area of the camp site is very mild. Think dirt roads in the dez. There are tons of trails, but a lot of the more technical stuff is of doubtful legality.

There is the possibility of some long loops 100 mile + loops. There are a few gas stations that are 100% green sticker accessible, like Joburg. There are some others, like Hinkley, that I have never had a problem with. (note only 87 octane at Hinkley)

I have a plate and I plan on at least one really long ride.

Anyone not been to the Burro Schmidt tunnel? That would be a good long one, and it should be green sticker-able.

• sploogemonkey

Posted March 11, 2008 - 12:30 PM

Pink baskets, snuggling, rock chucking??? OK, the Agent 2 camp will be located just outside of walking / stumbling distance from the main camp. No fraternizing with the main camp after sundown, weapons will be manditory (pellet rifles, paintball guns, wrist rockets will be acceptable). There will be NO snuggling allowed.

Apparently this is turning into every Thanksgiving dinner my family has. :eek:

Looks like I'll be sittin' at the kids table....as usual.

Fine, we have more fun anyway :thumbsup: :D

• sploogemonkey

Posted March 11, 2008 - 12:44 PM

.........Sounds like that could be me too, as I am not in the greatest riding shape at this time. Riding for me has been very sporatic lately. So there you have it, :D.

Oh trust me, I'll be the slowest one out there to be sure, no bones about it.:thumbsup: But I'll be grinnin' ear to ear 'cause I'm gonna be out in the dez and ridin' :lol: :eek:

Let's see, a weekend of riding, camping, exploring (never been to the Husky memorial), meeting new people, campfire BSing, grilling, eating, and drinking.

I won't need to be fast to have a good time.:ride:

• martinfan30

Posted March 11, 2008 - 02:04 PM

Just for info.

Most of the 100% legal riding in the area of the camp site is very mild. Think dirt roads in the dez. There are tons of trails, but a lot of the more technical stuff is of doubtful legality.

There is the possibility of some long loops 100 mile + loops. There are a few gas stations that are 100% green sticker accessible, like Joburg. There are some others, like Hinkley, that I have never had a problem with. (note only 87 octane at Hinkley)

Anyone not been to the Burro Schmidt tunnel? That would be a good long one, and it should be green sticker-able.

What is the Borro Schmidt tunnel? Im in!

• sploogemonkey

Posted March 11, 2008 - 02:29 PM

What is the Borro Schmidt tunnel? Im in!

As long as he isn't talking about a pet name for Denn, I'm probably in too.

• martinfan30

Posted March 11, 2008 - 02:37 PM

As long as he isn't talking about a pet name for Denn, I'm probably in too.

WHOA! I walked into that one...

• cleonard

Posted March 11, 2008 - 03:10 PM

Go here http://www.burroschmidttunnel.org/ It's a worthy destination.

As the crow flies it's only 35 or so miles from the camp spot. Perhaps a good 50 or so mile ride. We could get gas in Johannesburg and I'm about 95% sure that the entire route can be non plated. I'll check the maps.

• martinfan30

Posted March 11, 2008 - 05:03 PM

Go here http://www.burroschmidttunnel.org/ It's a worthy destination.

As the crow flies it's only 35 or so miles from the camp spot. Perhaps a good 50 or so mile ride. We could get gas in Johannesburg and I'm about 95% sure that the entire route can be non plated. I'll check the maps.

Thats a very interesting story behind that. I wonder what he felt as the last swing of the hammer fell!

I want to see it now..:thumbsup:

• Thumpage

Posted March 11, 2008 - 07:44 PM

What, you ride an L?:thumbsup:

No, when I ride with just 650L guys I normally leave the 650R & CR250 at home and ride the TW200. That's all that's needed. :eek:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Thumpage

Posted March 11, 2008 - 08:06 PM

Just for info.

Would my XR650R's IMS 3.2 tank give me enough mileage between fill ups? I think it will get me around 65 miles. I can't remember what guys get with them out in the desert. Maybe I should get my Clark 4.3. fitted up?

• martinfan30

Posted March 11, 2008 - 08:09 PM

No, when I ride with just 650L guys I normally leave the 650R & CR250 at home and ride the TW200. That's all that's needed. :eek:

Yeah I hear ya.

At least with the TW200 you have an excuse.:thumbsup:

• Thumpage

Posted March 11, 2008 - 09:03 PM

Yeah I hear ya.

At least with the TW200 you have an excuse.:eek:

Actually, even with having my ballsy bikes that I enjoy so much, that little thing provides me just as much fun in it's own different way. :ride: It's my do-it-all, dual sport/pitbike, heh,heh. :lol:

I must say, your 650L looks sharp. That tank and rear fender setup makes it look completely different than the norm. Nice, :thumbsup:

:D

• HeadTrauma

Posted March 11, 2008 - 09:18 PM

Makes me wish I still had the Hodakas. I could have brought out one of the old dual-shocked 100/110cc smokers for kicks. They were heavy and low powered by today's standards, but still tons of fun. :thumbsup:

Maybe I'll get the old man to come out on an XL175......nah, he'd rather bring his X600 that is a leaky, overheating pile of crap. :eek:

• Thumpage

Posted March 11, 2008 - 10:47 PM

Some of those old bikes are really cool. I also like the old trail bike dual sport numbers like the Yamaha DT1 100s, Yamaha LT1/2s 250s & Kawi F9 350s. Let's not get started, I might start looking for one, :thumbsup: :eek:

• Denn10

Posted March 13, 2008 - 06:26 AM

I feel a road trip coming on. :thumbsup:

Er... well...I feel something coming on. :eek: :ride:

lets do it!!! well take the scenic 395 up to bishop then hop over to NV!!!!!:D

• sploogemonkey

Posted March 13, 2008 - 09:11 AM

Dude, don't tempt me. :thumbsup:

I've seen a couple (okay - all ) of the episodes of Bunny Ranch on HBO, and they's a couple o' hoochies there that I'd bang like a 'tard on a drumset.

• Coolidge

Posted March 13, 2008 - 09:41 AM

Dude, don't tempt me. :eek:

I've seen a couple (okay - all ) of the episodes of Bunny Ranch on HBO, and they's a couple o' hoochies there that I'd bang like a 'tard on a drumset.

Bwahahahaahahaa!!! :thumbsup:

• martinfan30

Posted March 13, 2008 - 10:13 AM

Had some very interesting experiences there in my PRE-MARRIED days!:thumbsup:

• Coolidge

Posted March 13, 2008 - 11:16 AM

....we are talking weekend of April 5-6, correct?

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.