Wr V Yz Cdi?

10 replies to this topic
  • Thermos O flask

Posted February 20, 2008 - 06:31 PM

Hi, will a 01 yz426 cdi work or if it works make any difference in power on a 2000 wr400 (yz timed).I have searched but can't find a clear answer.

• dirtysouth

Posted February 20, 2008 - 06:41 PM

Hi, will a 01 yz426 cdi work or if it works make any difference in power on a 2000 wr400 (yz timed).I have searched but can't find a clear answer.

Check the voltage and the wiring diagrams...if it'll fit try it and post us up a piece of knowledge

• 2grimjim

Posted February 24, 2008 - 07:47 AM

The '01 YZ426 CDI will work on any 400/426 from '98-'02.

There might be a small gain in power from the swap.

• Thermos O flask

Posted February 25, 2008 - 01:58 AM

Thanks! That's what i needed to hear!:smirk:

• doctorchopper

Posted February 26, 2008 - 09:21 AM

It might make a bit of differance, i just checked and the part numbers are different, if you can get one cheap enough i'd give it a try, i use this link to compare part numbers http://216.37.204.202/hlsm_Page.htm

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Thermos O flask

Posted February 27, 2008 - 02:55 AM

Thanks for that doc chop,I did notice the wiring loom connectors look different from YZ to WR?

ps where in eire are you? I'm from cork.:smirk:

• wcrhillbilly

Posted September 19, 2008 - 09:21 AM

Hey what did you find out on the cdi's? my cdi is dead on my 01wr426 and im wanting to swap into the yz cdi but want to know if it is possible!

• henrics

Posted September 19, 2008 - 11:55 PM

What you can do if you want to use the Yz cdi is use the electrosport instructions , look at page 10

http://www.electrosp...nstructions.pdf

I`ve done this when i mounted a wr stator and flywheel on my yz250f-06..

• wcrhillbilly

Posted September 25, 2008 - 12:50 PM

What you can do if you want to use the Yz cdi is use the electrosport instructions , look at page 10

http://www.electrosp...nstructions.pdf

I`ve done this when i mounted a wr stator and flywheel on my yz250f-06..

im trying to use a yz cdi on my wr they guy told me the cdi was good but i hooked it up on my wr and i still have no spark, im leary of doing this modification on the stator not really knowing if the cdi i was sold is any good! but what im gathering is that it wont work on my wr unless i change the way it is ground?
let me know if im understanding this right! cause if so and this will work it will keep me from spending another 300 dollars i dont have right now! hell i already sold my boat just to do the repairs i have done already on my bike just to not have anyspark!

• Fullbore4

Posted September 25, 2008 - 01:21 PM

Why not buy a Dynatek ignition with 4 programmable curves....you can program the curve in like a yz or any other combonation......but be advised if you put too much advance you can damage the motor.....it also has better spark and can be calibrated off your TPS switch.......you can buy them through TT store. Go to the dynatek web site and download PDF instructions and if you want, get the software there too.

• henrics

Posted September 25, 2008 - 03:09 PM

Try the cdi on a friends Yz?
If you dont do the mod like electrosport.. there will be no spark -i`ve tried that also..it shouldn`t be that hard to undo the mod!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.