Anyone have any XR600Rs?

51 replies to this topic
  • FoxRacin17

Posted February 20, 2008 - 06:27 PM

I went through almost 20 pages and found like 5 topics on XR600Rs. How do you owners like them? Im hoping to pick one up saturday. Are there any things to do to them as far as uncorking? Any other must do mods?

• butcharin

Posted February 20, 2008 - 06:33 PM

I love my 85 600. Its a blast. Many of the things on here from the 650L apply to the 600R.

• creeky

Posted February 20, 2008 - 06:54 PM

They are great bikes. With a Baja Designs kit and a plate, they make (IMHO) a DS bike that is hard to beat. I sold mine 4 years ago when I thought I was going to have to quit riding, sure wish I had it back, I'm looking.

• LeadDoggy

Posted February 20, 2008 - 07:06 PM

I went through almost 20 pages and found like 5 topics on XR600Rs. How do you owners like them? Im hoping to pick one up saturday. Are there any things to do to them as far as uncorking? Any other must do mods?

There is info on 4strokes.com

Posted Image

• sploogemonkey

Posted February 21, 2008 - 03:13 AM

'00 600R here.

Uncorked, engine is stock otherwise. Great trail bike with plenty of power to get you through any situation.

Tall and heavy, though. Make sure you eat your Wheaties with a side order of bacon, sausage, and chicken fried steak if you plan on man handling this bike. Limp wristed vegetarians need not apply.

Posted Image

Posted Image

• fc501

Posted February 21, 2008 - 03:31 AM

I like mine after I worked on it!
http://i30.photobuck...cp/DSC00405.jpg

• Coolidge

Posted February 21, 2008 - 05:36 AM

I own a 97 XR600R. My only 'problem' is Im only about 150lbs 5'-7" and my bike is a little tall for me, at times (mainly on big-ass hills, with big-ass rocks :applause: )
Anyways, to make matters worse, I have converted to CR500 USD forks which make the bike even taller. I have a lowering link for rear, and will probably drop the forks in the clamps to match. Other wise, shes uncorked, rejetted, has a Pro Circuit slip-on, and she runs FINE. Combined w/BD kit, and Cal lic plates, I think its a great Dual Sport/Adventure bike. Heres mine. Soon to be fitted w/gold Excel wheels.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

• trxcr

Posted February 21, 2008 - 05:48 AM

I had a '91 and a '93, good solid bikes. Mine started easier when cold if I turned the idle up a couple twists until they warmed up.

• FoxRacin17

Posted February 21, 2008 - 08:11 AM

those are some sweet bikes. ill post pics as soon as i get it home with mine (if he doesnt sell it before Sat.) and get some of his decals off. it looks like a nascar now.

i have one question though, why do the pipes stick so far out?

• BajaBoundMoto

Posted February 21, 2008 - 08:18 AM

Foxracin17 - XR600r's are fantastic bikes, almost totally bullet proof, a joy to ride and own.
I've owned so many different makes/models of bikes and raced some really stellar bikes including team green built KXs, factory HP2 beemers, and most recently a couple factory Honda crf450x's.
Those are great and all,,, but I still find myself searching Craigslist (often) for another xr600R. One of my favorites.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • martinfan30

Posted February 21, 2008 - 08:18 AM

those are some sweet bikes. ill post pics as soon as i get it home with mine (if he doesnt sell it before Sat.) and get some of his decals off. it looks like a nascar now.

i have one question though, why do the pipes stick so far out?

Thats just the way they are now. The WB E-series is much shorter. A disc type can. I like them for the sound and tuneability.

• zipper600

Posted February 21, 2008 - 10:11 AM

i have one...well....kind of rebuilding one... :applause:

Posted Image

• martinfan30

Posted February 21, 2008 - 01:48 PM

Dude, what clamps are those???? They are not the stock ones???? Did you powdercoat the clamps and the frame?? Good job!!!

• zipper600

Posted February 21, 2008 - 02:47 PM

HEY Zip, your trans finally grenade?

im starting not to like you..:smirk: :)

the question you should have made me was: "Dude, what clamps are those????They are not the stock ones????Did you powdercoated the clamps and the frame??Good job(or not)!!!"

• martinfan30

Posted February 21, 2008 - 03:10 PM

im starting not to like you..:) :ride:

the question you should have made me was: "Dude, what clamps are those????They are not the stock ones????Did you powdercoated the clamps and the frame??Good job(or not)!!!"

Woah man, what are you talking about?? Did you misread my post??

By the way, it looks nice!:smirk:

• zipper600

Posted February 21, 2008 - 03:20 PM

:smirk:

funny dude, very funny... :) being a moderator haves some benefits right? :ride:

yes, its powdercoated as you FIRSTLY noticed with your sharp eyes, eagle eyes, eyes of moderator on a 600/650 Hondas Forum, eyes of someone who haves a 650.....heheheehe

eagle eyes....

eyes of a eagle... ( dead of course ) :ride:

The clamps are from a KTM..Saturday i will post more pics...Hasta

• martinfan30

Posted February 21, 2008 - 03:21 PM

Will you be using a KTM front end?

• zipper600

Posted February 21, 2008 - 03:26 PM

Will you be using a KTM front end?

yes...:smirk:
saturday....be patient... :)

as far as i know will be the first XR with a KTM USD front end...everyone uses CR´s front end

• FoxRacin17

Posted February 21, 2008 - 04:40 PM

yes...:smirk:
saturday....be patient... :)

as far as i know will be the first XR with a KTM USD front end...everyone uses CR´s front end

cause we dont want to screw up our great XRs with ktm crap.

• jclaus98

Posted February 21, 2008 - 05:35 PM

Here's my baby, '93 XR600R, just underwent a complete top nd rebuild after I fried the cam and rockers, she is a little heavy, but there is just no substitute for the raw torque these thing put out. She's a rear-tire eatin', front-tire in the air, thumper of a beast. I love it.

Posted Image

Related Content

Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  148 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.