Strictly for "L" guys - "R" guys - Do NOT read!

233 replies to this topic
  • BBA

Posted February 26, 2008 - 07:09 PM

Well Mr.Bibleman you thought you were clear of seeing my Fender flapping in the wind since this topic was locked eh? Looks like MartinFan opened it back up so Im getting out my special green thong just for the ride with you pal!! You see as an "R" rider I know I can get by with riding with just a thong because all the on lookers will be so in tranced with the style and grace of the mighty XRR that they would not even notice what I would be wearing. Now all you old coots with those XRL's would just be laughed at (not only because of your bike) and you would have to limp back home to get your riding gear. Its ok though, one day you "L" guys will turn off your Guns & Roses, get rid of the Parachute pants and Mullets and realize that the 80's are over and that technology for motorcycles has moved on!:smirk:

• Norge

Posted February 26, 2008 - 07:25 PM

I'm still stuck in the 70's ya little whipper snapper!

Nothin finer than old school lawnmower technology.

• Bibleman

Posted February 26, 2008 - 07:27 PM

I still say computers are just a fad:prof:

• martinfan30

Posted February 26, 2008 - 09:23 PM

Well Mr.Bibleman you thought you were clear of seeing my Fender flapping in the wind since this topic was locked eh? Looks like MartinFan opened it back up so Im getting out my special green thong just for the ride with you pal!! You see as an "R" rider I know I can get by with riding with just a thong because all the on lookers will be so in tranced with the style and grace of the mighty XRR that they would not even notice what I would be wearing. Now all you old coots with those XRL's would just be laughed at (not only because of your bike) and you would have to limp back home to get your riding gear. Its ok though, one day you "L" guys will turn off your Guns & Roses, get rid of the Parachute pants and Mullets and realize that the 80's are over and that technology for motorcycles has moved on!:smirk:

Dude, WHO listens to GNR anymore??? THis is where its at!!!

• jetfuel

Posted February 26, 2008 - 09:45 PM

Dethklok... RULES..

Posted Image

• YZERIK

Posted February 26, 2008 - 10:35 PM

Comparing the L to the R is apples to oranges. They are two completely different animals.

The L is a mild-mannered, inexpensive dual-sport.

The R is a dirtbike.

Thats really all there is to it.

well put

• martinfan30

Posted February 26, 2008 - 10:40 PM

Hey yzerik, have you joined the XR family yet?

• Maroast

Posted February 26, 2008 - 11:22 PM

I though I taught him right. I though I showed him the way. We searched craigslist together and made phone calls. Ebay was searched and repeatedly searched. I had hopes, I had dreams....things were supposed to be different. Its all gone now, its all gone....hope is lost.

It was supposed to be just the two of us.... tearing sh*t up on both of our XR650R's. But he tells me today that hes going to buy an XR650L. My brother, my older brother, on a 650L. Hes dead to me know, I have no brother.....only a sister :smirk:

• Maroast

Posted February 26, 2008 - 11:43 PM

Jetfuel.... I knew that was you all along!

Posted Image

• Old Graybeard

Posted February 27, 2008 - 04:35 AM

Guns and Roses??????????

GRAND FUNK GRAND FUNK GRAND FUNK GRAND FUNK GRAND FUNK

:smirk: :) :ride: :ride: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Husqvarnasm450r

Posted February 27, 2008 - 04:37 AM

I own an 07 Xr650L to be honest with yall I love my bike but I just wish they put the XRR engine in the 04-08's Xr650l. Honda shouldve been did that but hey they get better bikes over there in Japan. I might be switching to Ktm or Husqvarna myself due to the fact I want a supermotard bike which Honda havent brought over here yet. They couldve brought the Honda FFX supermotard bike over here. Honda sucks sometimes on the decision making process aswell U.S. when it comes to importing things in2 this country!!

• BBA

Posted February 27, 2008 - 04:48 AM

I though I taught him right. I though I showed him the way. We searched craigslist together and made phone calls. Ebay was searched and repeatedly searched. I had hopes, I had dreams....things were supposed to be different. Its all gone now, its all gone....hope is lost.

It was supposed to be just the two of us.... tearing sh*t up on both of our XR650R's. But he tells me today that hes going to buy an XR650L. My brother, my older brother, on a 650L. Hes dead to me know, I have no brother.....only a sister :)

Im so sorry to hear about the lose of your brother.
How he could do that to you just amazes me?? An L instead of an R?? Why didnt he make the totally worst choice and just go with the KLR? I'll tell you what Maroast. Im a few years older than you and Im in the BiG Brother program and Im also an XRR owner and would be more than glad to step in for the brother that is lost and go ride with ya!

Oh by the way little brother, could I borrow a couple of $hundred to buy some new riding boots? You know your own brother will pay you back!:smirk:

• Kenzo

Posted February 27, 2008 - 07:23 AM

You see as an "R" rider I know I can get by with riding with just a thong because all the on lookers will be so in tranced with the style and grace of the mighty XRR that they would not even notice what I would be wearing.

we now have at least one confirmation of Bibleman's "short man syndrome"...

...try stuffing a sock in there...it's a well documented "R" riders's mod.

:smirk:

• martinfan30

Posted February 27, 2008 - 07:42 AM

Posted Image

:smirk:

Just look at the confidence he has!LOL

• jetfuel

Posted February 27, 2008 - 07:44 AM

Posted Image

:smirk: you have revealed my secret.

That was taken at the Latex Enduro in Amsterdam, I took second behind zipper hood man. :)

Don't feel bad about your Bro' at least its a Honda ... mine rides a DRZ:bonk:

• fredodido1

Posted February 27, 2008 - 07:56 AM

ok, very happy to read ya, just got a 08 XR650L, it is still in the box and waiting for the snow to melt. one question to ya L guys, should i go and, desmog, desnokler and rejet right away or let it warm up a little, i think they do run a little lean (hot) stock... help me out.

if the mods are to do right away,... what is the magic formulla. thanks
fredo

• martinfan30

Posted February 27, 2008 - 07:58 AM

ok, very happy to read ya, just got a 08 XR650L, it is still in the box and waiting for the snow to melt. one question to ya L guys, should i go and, desmog, desnokler and rejet right away or let it warm up a little, i think they do run a little lean (hot) stock... help me out.

if the mods are to do right away,... what is the magic formulla. thanks
fredo

You can do them as soon as you want. I'd do all of it at once as well.

You will find countless informative posts with a quick search for"Daves mods".

• hill5150

Posted February 27, 2008 - 09:26 AM

[quote name='jetfuel']Yes your right... And you should always wear the right gear when riding..

How'd your dad find my stuff? I thought Meagans law solved that?

• Bibleman

Posted February 27, 2008 - 05:51 PM

Hey "Fred", I see no reason to wait for the basic mods. I did mine with only four miles on it. As far as details just do a search and you'll find everything you need. If anything is unclear just ask.:smirk:

• fredodido1

Posted February 28, 2008 - 07:35 AM

thanks so so much for the help guys, i m very happy i have found this site to help me out, did the dave s mods seach and did find everything i need.

can t wait to rip the rockies... if any of ya rider are aronc nelson b.c. in canada, send me a message, i ve been riding arond here for many years and will take ya to great places...

fred.

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  132 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.