Strictly for "L" guys - "R" guys - Do NOT read!

233 replies to this topic
  • Bibleman

Posted February 25, 2008 - 04:15 PM

Ya know, since Paul is from waaaay over there in the UK I have one thing to say. Put 'em up!:smirk:

• wheelnut46

Posted February 25, 2008 - 04:50 PM

Here is a picture of my main form of transportation:

Posted Image
My bike is definitely slower than the 'R' but probably about the same speed and handling as the 'L'.

Bah! Lets see you wheelie that thing?

• martinfan30

Posted February 26, 2008 - 10:16 AM

You know, this has been bugging me all last night and this morning...:)

We know what kind of a guy Bibleman is, that is obvious by his latest thread.:smirk:

As I posted in that thread, I wish those "outsiders" would just take some time and not rush to judgement. So PLEASE keep that in mind!!

I may have rushed myself last night when I locked it up also. So I hope you'll all understand why I will reopen this thread!

Thanks to ALL red riders, and have fun!

Rich

• needsprayer

Posted February 26, 2008 - 10:46 AM

Nice call Rich. The guys who have been around for a while know that all the 600's are family. It's just that one family member is the big brother and rest are little brothers.

• martinfan30

Posted February 26, 2008 - 10:58 AM

Nice call Rich. The guys who have been around for a while know that all the 600's are family. It's just that one family member is the big brother and rest are little brothers.

Thanks and I agree with you.

There seems to be ALOT of grey area when it comes to moderating a forum like this. Sometimes it seems to come down to a judgement call more than sticking to the book. So thats what i've done here.

Rich.

• jdubb75

Posted February 26, 2008 - 11:06 AM

Do my eyes deceive me? You're a helluva guy martinfan...even for an "L" rider. :smirk:

• Motosprtman

Posted February 26, 2008 - 11:10 AM

what did I miss?

• Kenzo

Posted February 26, 2008 - 11:37 AM

i just got my XRL about two weeks ago and went on my first real dirt ride in forty years...Doh! i was amazed in how forgiving newer bike technology is VS 70's technology...my well sorted out XRL made me a much better rider than i wud of ever expected and it wus the bike cause i've got zero recent seat time in the dirt...great torque and sweet suspension allowed a nob like me to "point & shoot" outta sum sticky situations...

...my bud who is an acomplished rider and about 50lbs lighter (and 10" shorter :worthy:) wus directing me towards buying a XRR...more power, less weight, yada, yada, yada... but being older & wiser i thought it might have too much power, no magic button and wud take sum considerable effort to get the electricals up to par with the XRL...found a used 2001, 1300 miles, supertrapp exhaust, dynojet kit(which i'm re-jetting), and large aftermarket tank for $2400.

Posted Image

...now here's the funny part, he got the chit beat outta himself on the ride cause the PO had beefed up the suspension for a 250-300lbs rider and my bud is 165lbs. wet...he rode mine and wants me to help re-spring and dial his in like mine...then there wus the time he stalled his mid-climb and atempeted to kickstart his :ride: ...it gets better...when we get back to the house and hose'n off the bikes he's eye'n mine real hard..."u know i didn't like urs at first but i think u did gud"..."with that 14T sprocket u got plent of power"...he gets them side by side..."urs is taller :smirk: ?"..."and urs looks more like a dirt bike!"..."i wish mine looked like urs..." :ride:

so go figure...

Posted Image

i guess he cud always motard it! :worthy:

:)

• lilbro

Posted February 26, 2008 - 11:40 AM

Like me. "Lilbro":applause:

• KAS

Posted February 26, 2008 - 12:02 PM

i just got my XRL about two weeks ago and went on my first real dirt ride in forty years...Doh! i was amazed in how forgiving newer bike technology is VS 70's technology...my well sorted out XRL made me a much better rider than i wud of ever expected and it wus the bike cause i've got zero recent seat time in the dirt...great torque and sweet suspension allowed a nob like me to "point & shoot" outta sum sticky situations...

...my bud who is an acomplished rider and about 50lbs lighter (and 10" shorter :worthy:) wus directing me towards buying a XRR...more power, less weight, yada, yada, yada... but being older & wiser i thought it might have too much power, no magic button and wud take sum considerable effort to get the electricals up to par with the XRL...found a used 2001, 1300 miles, supertrapp exhaust, dynojet kit(which i'm re-jetting), and large aftermarket tank for $2400.

Posted Image

...now here's the funny part, he got the chit beat outta himself on the ride cause the PO had beefed up the suspension for a 250-300lbs rider and my bud is 165lbs. wet...he rode mine and wants me to help re-spring and dial his in like mine...then there wus the time he stalled his mid-climb and atempeted to kickstart his :ride: ...it gets better...when we get back to the house and hose'n off the bikes he's eye'n mine real hard..."u know i didn't like urs at first but i think u did gud"..."with that 14T sprocket u got plent of power"...he gets them side by side..."urs is taller :smirk: ?"..."and urs looks more like a dirt bike!"..."i wish mine looked like urs..." :worthy:

so go figure...

Posted Image

So, he didn't realize that proper suspension setup is important, AND he thinks a 650L looks "more like a dirtbike"?

What exactly has he "accomplished" anyway? :ride:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • KAS

Posted February 26, 2008 - 12:06 PM

Comparing the L to the R is apples to oranges. They are two completely different animals.

The L is a mild-mannered, inexpensive dual-sport.

The R is a dirtbike.

Thats really all there is to it.

• ghrati ghoti

Posted February 26, 2008 - 12:10 PM

Posted Image

...now here's the funny part, he got the chit beat outta himself on the ride cause the PO had beefed up the suspension for a 250-300lbs rider and my bud is 165lbs. wet...he rode mine and wants me to help re-spring and dial his in like mine...then there wus the time he stalled his mid-climb and atempeted to kickstart his :ride: ...it gets better...when we get back to the house and hose'n off the bikes he's eye'n mine real hard..."u know i didn't like urs at first but i think u did gud"..."with that 14T sprocket u got plent of power"...he gets them side by side..."urs is taller :smirk: ?"..."and urs looks more like a dirt bike!"..."i wish mine looked like urs..." :ride:

so go figure...

Posted Image

I'll trade my 04L straight up for his R.

• Kenzo

Posted February 26, 2008 - 01:20 PM

So, he didn't realize that proper suspension setup is important, AND he thinks a 650L looks "more like a dirtbike"?

What exactly has he "accomplished" anyway? :)

...no he realizes that proper setup is important but hadn't realized how oversprung i wus for is weight...he's only had the bike for maybe two months...i guess u young bucks don't remember the dayz before watercooled bikes and swooshy plastics...

"accomplished" in his day he won a lot of amateur races on a regional level...he's also "accomplished" to out-grow his smart-azz mid-twenties bravado...

...and no he doesn't want to trade it for an XRL

...jeeze some of u skip ur ridallin today?

:smirk:

• XR650L_Dave

Posted February 26, 2008 - 03:33 PM

Comparing the L to the R is apples to oranges. They are two completely different animals.

The L is a mild-mannered, inexpensive dual-sport.

The R is a dirtbike.

Thats really all there is to it.

Well, I gotta quibble. The L is all dirtbike if you stick more dirt-oriented tires on it and set it up a bit, and it won't give any capability up to an R, just some speed.

Besides, the L has more ground clearance. Go check. Its true.

Heh heh heh.

Dave

• hill5150

Posted February 26, 2008 - 04:18 PM

The R is a dirtbike

• jetfuel

Posted February 26, 2008 - 04:24 PM

The R is a dirtbike

Yes your right... And you should always wear the right gear when riding..

Posted Image

• xr650l bum

Posted February 26, 2008 - 04:37 PM

...think this thread needs to get back on track....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I thought they had killed this thread. Just wanted to thank maroast for showing us the true colors of the R riders. And you wonder why you are on the hill alone!:smirk:

• jdubb75

Posted February 26, 2008 - 04:42 PM

Yes your right... And you should always wear the right gear when riding..

Posted Image

Hey, leave uncle Sven out of this. He sometimes has dillusions of grandeur and thinks he's a superhero. Here he is pretending to be Captain L and trying to tame the mighty R he poses with, but he know his super strength is no match for the R's unforgiving power.:smirk:

• Old Graybeard

Posted February 26, 2008 - 05:57 PM

Martinfan: Wow, a mod reversing a lock down. You are a true man of character and sensibility. Needless to say, just a couple of the qualities of the typical "L" guy. OGB

• Bibleman

Posted February 26, 2008 - 07:08 PM

The twenty bucks I sent him didn't hurt either:lol:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  148 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.