Strictly for "L" guys - "R" guys - Do NOT read!

233 replies to this topic
  • Bibleman

Posted February 22, 2008 - 02:00 PM

I feel bad that I started such controversy:cry:

• martinfan30

Posted February 22, 2008 - 02:01 PM

I feel bad that I started such controversy:cry:

Theres nothing wrong with the OCCASIONAL good hearted flame war.

Keeps things interesting.

As long as it stays good hearted.

• Bibleman

Posted February 22, 2008 - 02:05 PM

I agree Martinfan, and to the credit of all the guys on the board it has be goodhearted.:smirk:

• jonr3

Posted February 22, 2008 - 02:12 PM

I agree Martinfan, and to the credit of all the guys on the board it has be goodhearted.:smirk:

A agree. Don't tell those R guys, but if I could afford it, I would have one of those too.

• ghrati ghoti

Posted February 22, 2008 - 02:20 PM

You all could read this if you can't get enough of this stuff.
http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=253131

• Bibleman

Posted February 22, 2008 - 02:26 PM

Wowza, 53 pages. We're just getting started:crazy: Meanwhile I will continue with my "above it all" posture and continue to call for calm and unity:prof: :smirk: :)

• lilbro

Posted February 22, 2008 - 02:45 PM

A agree. Don't tell those R guys, but if I could afford it, I would have one of those too.

Ha!
Come to the dark side.

• XR650L_Dave

Posted February 22, 2008 - 03:50 PM

You all could read this if you can't get enough of this stuff.
http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=253131

And the funny thing about that thread I started is- I start it off with, essentially, pick the right bike for the job.

I say "Pick the right bike for you", and whammo, pages and pages and pages...

Dave

• Bibleman

Posted February 22, 2008 - 04:03 PM

Trouble maker:busted:

• lilbro

Posted February 22, 2008 - 04:40 PM

Off road XRs get replaced with CRFXs eventually. Then the XRs end up SuperMotard bikes like this XR400. This pic is from Honda's Japan site:
Posted Image
I hope the XR650R ends up that way.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • philipstjohn

Posted February 22, 2008 - 05:43 PM

Off road XRs get replaced with CRFXs eventually. Then the XRs end up SuperMotard bikes like this XR400. This pic is from Honda's Japan site:
Posted Image
I hope the XR650R ends up that way.

The XR650R is already living the dream...

• cj650

Posted February 22, 2008 - 05:49 PM

im still in school and ride a "R" ans i've never been pushed around.
im not short either... im only 13 and i am 5'11"
oh yea
my "R" is a 650

• Bibleman

Posted February 22, 2008 - 06:18 PM

So much for my theory:excuseme:

• scalejockey

Posted February 22, 2008 - 07:03 PM

Jeez!! At 13 all i could kick over was a 125!

• BBA

Posted February 23, 2008 - 06:34 AM

Fine Bibleman! You just try and make fun of us "R" riders and our "short comings"! I have you know that as soon as my Ex-Tenze gets here and I pop a few bottles of those pills you "L" guys are in "Big" trouble!! Thats right, Ron Jeremy himself said this product works and Im going to double dose so hopefully I will have a chance to ride with some of you "L" boys and let you see what it feels like when my..........my..........MY FENDER is flapping in the wind while I come by you!! "R" riders have the Short Man syndrome eh? Well we will just see about that Mr.Bibleman!:smirk:

• Bibleman

Posted February 23, 2008 - 07:48 AM

"my fender flapping" Ha! I can see it now!

• Old Graybeard

Posted February 23, 2008 - 09:40 AM

BIBLEMAN: There would be no controversy here if those R guys (?) would just "read and heed" the thread title (L guys only). The higher intellect L riders would NEVER think about hijacking an R riders only thread. Right guys? And speaking for the vast majority of the L crowd, suffice to say, we are comfortable in our own skins. We choose motorcycles like some people choose fine wines. And besides, we want a bike we can still get parts for in a year or two. OGB

• needsprayer

Posted February 23, 2008 - 09:49 AM

BIBLEMAN: The higher intellect L riders would NEVER think about hijacking an R riders only thread. ... We choose motorcycles like some people choose fine wines. OGB

L winers :smirk: [COLOR="White"].... [/COLOR] :)

• percyco

Posted February 23, 2008 - 10:52 AM

L winers :) [COLOR="White"].... [/COLOR] :ride:

See......those R fellows R so confused they can't even spell :smirk:

• BWB63

Posted February 23, 2008 - 01:54 PM

I am short and short and own a 'R'. I bought a "R" to componsate! Everything I have is small so, I thought I would get something Big and Fast. Where I could really be in power. I was looking for a bike that could roost all others, NOT some half way bike that did a little of everything but, not good at enything. Now I have been clear and off the power trip for one whole day. I am getting the shakes and feel inadiquat, these meetings make me feel better. i am hoping to make it another day..... well till I get off work....
Next......

Is this BPBA (Big Powerful Bike Annonomous)? BRPA or just glad i am not a "L" guy

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 4 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 9 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  159 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.