Strictly for "L" guys - "R" guys - Do NOT read!

233 replies to this topic
  • BWB63

Posted May 30, 2008 - 07:54 PM

Three bikes needing to be built or rebiult and you rub it in. Ocotillio was offered as well. I am putting together two CR500's and just starting to take apart the 680 for a total redo. I think I will go shooting tomorrow to take out my frustrations

• Denn10

Posted May 30, 2008 - 08:33 PM

thanks for the invite rick! So much for that blem shark fin i picked up today at XRs! Guess ill sell it on ebay!!

• Gassyphil

Posted May 30, 2008 - 09:13 PM

I Ride a "L"! :thumbsup: I dont see the argument :bonk: They are both HONDAS :lol: I like Electric start :ride:

• Denn10

Posted May 30, 2008 - 09:37 PM

phil its a personal battle between little guys(R owners) and the real men (Ls ovbiously)

• Gassyphil

Posted May 31, 2008 - 05:22 AM

phil its a personal battle between little guys(R owners) and the real men (Ls ovbiously)

As Far as I'm concerned it take Big B@lls to Whip a Pigs A$$! Its all Good!
Leaving for Johnson Valley this morning! should be nice down there this weekend! :thumbsup:

• BWB63

Posted May 31, 2008 - 07:04 AM

A little background for some of you new guys......

Any forum gets to the point that you start answering the same questions over and over. What tires to use? How do I start my bike? What jetting? How much horsepower? You get the point... There have been a few threads that were into the 1000's of posts with some guys getting so pissed it was way past funny. It only the internet, you only get out of it what you read into it. It's a silly place that doesn't exsist...

So, every now and then a thread gets started to raz each other about the bikes they have. In truth I think almost all XR650R race guys have had a XR600 and most likely an "L" also. I have had XR50 XR80 XR100 CL125 XL125 XL250 XR350R XR500R (Three of them) XL600 XR600R (two of them) XR650R and a XR680R back when I was younger I made the XL600 as close to a XR600 with a cam, different swing arm, high compression piston, trick suspension just so I could have a plated bike for the street. This is how I found out there was a group of "L" guys that (back then) hung out at the donut shop. They had their duel sport bikes all decked out with bar tassles, cup holders, pads on top of their head to keep their balled spots from getting rubbed and tank pads to keep from chaffing the big beer bellies. They would be doing their office work whaching for cute guys to ride by. Some of these riders would dream of having a real dirt bike and get all wet when I would wheelie by. I new then there where strange riders......those that had "L's" and would sneek into rider camps and try to trick riders into their trailers.......the thing they would try to do to those poor riders can not be talked about.

There is video of a pig doing a tripple jump!!!! It must be an "L"

http://borynack.com/...iple Jump'n.wmv

• Denn10

Posted May 31, 2008 - 11:09 AM

As Far as I'm concerned it take Big B@lls to Whip a Pigs A$$! Its all Good!
Leaving for Johnson Valley this morning! should be nice down there this weekend! :thumbsup:

thanks for the invite again!! damn people LMAO

Everyone know this BWB is a freak, he wears Thongs and high heels!! dont believe ANYTHING he says its all BS

• Norge

Posted May 31, 2008 - 12:11 PM

thanks for the invite again!! damn people LMAO

Everyone know this BWB is a freak, he wears Thongs and high heels!! dont believe ANYTHING he says its all BS

That makes sense to me Denn. I always thought BWB sounded alot like LT Dangle
Posted Image

• martinfan30

Posted May 31, 2008 - 02:54 PM

Bruce, I almost spilled my mocha latte espresso all over my cup holder when I saw the triple jumping "L".:thumbsup:

To back up what BWB63 said, for the guys new to the forum... We all have a good time doing a little poking at each other and what they ride. We are all brothers, dont care which you ride.

Personal attacks and insults will not be tolerated on this forum. Wait awhile and read to try and figure out the strange fellowship we have before posting rashly.

Thanks, and enjoy all there is to be had here!:ride:

Rich.

• jetfuel

Posted May 31, 2008 - 03:26 PM

Thats Right! "L:awww: R" .... :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BWB63

Posted May 31, 2008 - 03:32 PM

It is true even I can have a great time with these wacked out, freaks of nature that claim to be able to ride, then show up on a "L" that has to be started with jumper cables from the owners 68 dodge 12' motorhome. No fluid in their forks, add oil to the engine (I think it was three quarts) after each ride. I finaly get through all the smoke and pass them and they keep right up with me the whole time! Another strange thing is they use six gallons of fuel a day to do 200 miles of riding and then drink six gallons of beer to keep things even. Makes for great stories around the camp fire. I am looking forward to the next Pigfest ride I get to be apart of. Now that I know they are semi safe to be around I can bring the whole family:thumbsup:

They do all the cool stuff I like:
Shooting, blowing things up, reloading, riding........but, they can do it after 12 beers! I have a hard time sober:cry:

• BRP Chaos

Posted May 31, 2008 - 06:36 PM

Well I for one am definately not going to post hastily, but I will remind everyone tomorrow is Sunday. So before you head out and ride tomorrow remember:

If you are religious: Say a prayer for the R rider

If your are not: Think a kind thought for the R rider. You are pushing the magic button, in a short while he/she will be out kicking his/her bike.

If you are an "R" rider: Eat all of the Froot Loops before looking for the prize in the box.

Ride Safe Yall! :thumbsup:

• martinfan30

Posted May 31, 2008 - 08:06 PM

It is true even I can have a great time with these wacked out, freaks of nature that claim to be able to ride, then show up on a "L" that has to be started with jumper cables from the owners 68 dodge 12' motorhome. No fluid in their forks, add oil to the engine (I think it was three quarts) after each ride. I finaly get through all the smoke and pass them and they keep right up with me the whole time! Another strange thing is they use six gallons of fuel a day to do 200 miles of riding and then drink six gallons of beer to keep things even. Makes for great stories around the camp fire. I am looking forward to the next Pigfest ride I get to be apart of. Now that I know they are semi safe to be around I can bring the whole family:thumbsup:

They do all the cool stuff I like:
Shooting, blowing things up, reloading, riding........but, they can do it after 12 beers! I have a hard time sober:cry:

:thumbsup:
Cant wait brother! You in on the Mammoth ride? Nothing set in stone yet, but looking like late October. Location may vary... Still need some more opinions on this get together blow stuff up/drink beer/ ride/ shoot/ blow more stuff up/ sleep/ ride...

Its not for the faint of heart, but we will go easy on newcomers!!

• Kenzo

Posted June 01, 2008 - 08:14 AM

...so are the stories about BWB giving Denn backrubs while sipp'n pinot grigio around the campfire true??? :ride:

...got a chance ride an R extensively yesterday an powerwise :thumbsup: but that damn thing will beat the chit outta u! :mad: ...hell i cud ride the L on the same loop just as fast, damn near sitting down :lol:

my buddy is push'n for me to do BWB's suspension rework but i just can't see giving him any advantage...wut r friends for :bonk:

• Norge

Posted June 01, 2008 - 08:32 AM

I would advise against setting suspension up for jumping. I did a USD conversion on my XR400 and the donor forks from a CR250 were set up for moto/jumping. They were terrible on the trail. I weigh 220#, but needed to go down on spring rate and do a re-valve just to get these USD forks to perform for off road riding.
I'll ad another story to bore you with...28 years ago during a 100 mile GP race, this celebrity named Gary Wells (old guys might remember him) was doing super high jumps through-out the course. I passed him on a jump. My bike maybe a foot off the ground and I was trying to keep the bike on the ground for faster time. Well's bike according to spectators was at least 12 foot off the ground. I lost interest in trying to sky the bike after that race.
:thumbsup: :ride: :bonk:

• Kenzo

Posted June 01, 2008 - 08:39 AM

I would advise against setting suspension up for jumping...
:ride: :bonk: :lol:

...BWB has several different setups, not just for hardcore desert & jumping.

• martinfan30

Posted June 01, 2008 - 08:47 AM

[quote name='Kenzo'][color=pink]...so are the stories about BWB giving Denn backrubs while sipp'n pinot grigio around the campfire true???[/color] :thumbsup:

Yes.

• BWB63

Posted June 01, 2008 - 12:28 PM

To put some of the valving into perspective:

The jumping of 60' tabletops are done with Baja500 valving. I am sure I had the compression adjusters at around 10 out but, nothing outragous. I have an old video of a valved bike with stock spring and something close to the desert race setup clearing 70' on a stepover. The landing wasn't nice but, the bike did it and I was still on the bike when it was over:eek: I don't push the XR650R as a MX jumping bike but, when things go wrong that is what you spent the time and money for the suspension to handle so you can still be on the bike in the end. Biggest problem is flying accross the desert and some once every five year storm washed the road or trail out. Now there is a four foot deap, twenty foot accross and you want the bike to make it in and out....that is why the jumping is brought up. If you like to ride at the edge and something goes wrong, maybe....just maybe.....you setup your suspension right and you will live through it:thumbsup:

• BWB63

Posted June 01, 2008 - 12:33 PM

[quote name='martinfan30'][quote name='Kenzo'][color=pink]...so are the stories about BWB giving Denn backrubs while sipp'n pinot grigio around the campfire true???[/color] :thumbsup:

Yes.[/QUOTE]

Lies...all lies! Now I know for a fact that there was an "L" rider on my XR680R! Some ate the food I brought and I left the gas on the bar-be all night. I will not be slandered with any time spent in Denn's trailer (I do think he got Rich Tracy in there). I was tricked into a big hug from Denn:eek: but, there are no pictures to prove it!:ride:

• martinfan30

Posted June 01, 2008 - 12:36 PM

[quote name='BWB63'][quote name='martinfan30']

Lies...all lies! Now I know for a fact that there was an "L" rider on my XR680R! Some ate the food I brought and I left the gas on the bar-be all night. I will not be slandered with any time spent in Denn's trailer (I do think he got Rich Tracy in there). [color=blue]I was tricked into a big hug from Denn:eek: but, there are no pictures to prove it![/color]:ride:[/QUOTE]

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.