Strictly for "L" guys - "R" guys - Do NOT read!

233 replies to this topic
  • Bibleman

Posted February 20, 2008 - 05:10 PM

Hello my righteous fellow L riders. May I take a moment of your time to explain why our comrades on that "other" red bike incessantly give us grief? Well, it's obvious to even the casual observer. It all boils down to insecurity. We all know the L is a manly man's bike. It's obvious, it's indisputable. Guys like us don't need to make a statement, we ARE statements. I guarantee that to a man, our R brethren were the types that got pushed around in school whereas we were the types to do the pushing around. This whole thing (and again, I guarantee this!) is related to short man syndrome!!! Don't question me on this, I know people!!
I beseech you therefore, my bosom buddies, pity these poor souls and be nice!:applause:

• markseaba

Posted February 20, 2008 - 05:12 PM

sounds like you need to buy a Yamaha

• xr650l bum

Posted February 20, 2008 - 05:14 PM

sounds likes he needs more time with the book!

• philipstjohn

Posted February 20, 2008 - 06:22 PM

Hello my righteous fellow L riders. May I take a moment of your time to explain why our comrades on that "other" red bike incessantly give us grief? Well, it's obvious to even the casual observer. It all boils down to insecurity. We all know the L is a manly man's bike. It's obvious, it's indisputable. Guys like us don't need to make a statement, we ARE statements. I guarantee that to a man, our R brethren were the types that got pushed around in school whereas we were the types to do the pushing around. This whole thing (and again, I guarantee this!) is related to short man syndrome!!! Don't question me on this, I know people!!
I beseech you therefore, my bosom buddies, pity these poor souls and be nice!:banghead:

It boils down to" insanity "perhaps, "not insecurity" to want to run a dirt bike in the 100 mph + range, versus down to the local Starbucks for a cup of coffee. And I know my boy Jeff Ward would make most guys on this site eat those "short man's words" on a older stock XR250L... :eek: :cry:
For the record, I am 6'2"... and its nice not to push around all that extra weight that "you types" need to with your L's. I guess it is kinda of like having a fat chick for a girlfriend! :foul: :eek: :eek: :eek: :applause: :) :bonk:

• scalejockey

Posted February 20, 2008 - 06:41 PM

I must admit i have "short man"syndrome..My "short man"does all the think'n!!

• Denn10

Posted February 20, 2008 - 06:42 PM

PHILIP did it say read if you have a "R" NO IT DIDNT...Now be gone you humble servant of mine!! And i will run you down if you come back!!!

For the record..............Between Myself and Martin we will clean house like Patrick Swayze and that OLD DUDE in Road House!!!!! But im Patrick and Martin is the old dude!!

Posted Image

Very true Bible i have to hand it to ya LOL

• Bibleman

Posted February 20, 2008 - 07:03 PM

Intruder alert!:applause:

• Billahjack

Posted February 20, 2008 - 07:15 PM

Just get an "R" with a plate, then you have the best of both worlds. You can go roost on a starbucks lawn then go inside, take a stinky dump after your grande espresso enema and leave the door open when you leave.

• lilbro

Posted February 20, 2008 - 07:41 PM

Wow!

I didn't really think of "L people" different than "R people".
I just thought your bike sucked.
Thank you for setting me straight.

J/K I hope to see ALL on the trails. R,L,Y,S,K,2 stroke and 4 strokes what ever you can think of.

• martinfan30

Posted February 20, 2008 - 07:43 PM

PHILIP did it say read if you have a "R" NO IT DIDNT...Now be gone you humble servant of mine!! And i will run you down if you come back!!!

For the record..............Between Myself and Martin we will clean house like Patrick Swayze and that OLD DUDE in Road House!!!!! But im Patrick and Martin is the old dude!!

Posted Image

Very true Bible i have to hand it to ya LOL

Oh sweet... Now I'm the old dude AND the judge???

http://i130.photobuc...tfuel480/mh.jpg

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Norge

Posted February 20, 2008 - 08:17 PM

I beseech you therefore, my bosom buddies, pity these poor souls and be nice!:applause:

Amen Brother!

• Irwin

Posted February 21, 2008 - 05:30 AM

Put together a race without any support vehicles. L vs R any mods you want.

Start the race in New Mexico, travel to Canada via the Continental divide.

I have a feeling the L would be the best choice and might actually win.

I'll bet the L rider wouldn't have baboon butt like the R rider and actually would enjoy the ride. Just my opinion.

• hondacrf150f1

Posted February 21, 2008 - 08:58 AM

I think the insecurity comes from this post:prof:

I think the short man syndrome is when you see a little guy on a full dress harly, or a 1000 instead of a 600 crotchrocket....not when you see a 6"2 240 pound guy flying through the dessert on a BRP.

• needsprayer

Posted February 21, 2008 - 09:23 AM

Hello my righteous bosom buddy L riders. :applause:

'nough said :)

• Denn10

Posted February 21, 2008 - 09:46 AM

I think the insecurity comes from this post:prof:

I think the short man syndrome is when you see a little guy on a full dress harly, or a 1000 instead of a 600 crotchrocket....not when you see a 6"2 240 pound guy flying through the dessert on a BRP.

you know i have a feeling alot of young guys and such have thought this when i was racing MX and i wooped the crap out of em and they saw this old guy(late 20s is old to them teenagers) on a YZ250 who just looks like some outta shape couch potato LOL Did it MANY MANY a times!!! Never been a "little guy" tad over 6"2" and was about 250ish when i was racing LOL

• Denn10

Posted February 21, 2008 - 09:47 AM

Oh sweet... Now I'm the old dude AND the judge???

http://i130.photobuc...tfuel480/mh.jpg

Brother your the "Do it All " man now thats why were voting you Man of the Year baby!!!

• cleonard

Posted February 21, 2008 - 09:51 AM

What about me with the XR600. I guess that I have to give everyone a hard time. I try...

To you L riders - What's wrong with you? Can't you even start your bike?

For the 650R riders - What are those radiator thingies? They look like something to get smashed leaving you on the side of the trail.

• jetfuel

Posted February 21, 2008 - 10:18 AM

What about me with the XR600. I guess that I have to give everyone a hard time. I try...

To you L riders - What's wrong with you? Can't you even start your bike?

For the 650R riders - What are those radiator thingies? They look like something to get smashed leaving you on the side of the trail.

I don't think it would be appropriate to make fun of that bike with it being the beginning of our ancestral line .... :applause: you should always respect your elders..:)

• elrontx

Posted February 21, 2008 - 10:27 AM

we ride Ls because we live in places where you cant or is a pita to plate Rs and some of us just ride the street. the L is a handful in the tight woods but after riding in the nevada desertI cant imagine it being tough to ride at all in that stuff except for mabye deep sand. btw to all you desert guys out there i think desert riding is awsome.

• Motosprtman

Posted February 21, 2008 - 11:28 AM

Just get an "R" with a plate, then you have the best of both worlds. You can go roost on a starbucks lawn then go inside, take a stinky dump after your grande espresso enema and leave the door open when you leave.

I like the way you think! :smirk:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  148 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.