quick amsoil ?

15 replies to this topic
  • Slinkyman16

Posted February 20, 2008 - 01:57 PM

what is everyone running. im signing up for there perfered customer program. just curious on what i should run in my 07.

sorry if this has been covered. i looked fro the oil threads but due to the vast majority of discussion made the answer im looking for vary.

josh

• Wiz636

Posted February 20, 2008 - 02:20 PM

I use MCF

• grayracer513

Posted February 20, 2008 - 02:22 PM

MCF. MCV for the two hottest months of the year only.

• loudarbs

Posted February 20, 2008 - 02:24 PM

+3 MCF:thumbsup:

• Ga426owner

Posted February 20, 2008 - 02:24 PM

MCF. MCV for the two hottest months of the year only.

me too:thumbsup:

• Slinkyman16

Posted February 20, 2008 - 02:26 PM

so the mcf 10-40.. cool thanks.

• jimk100189

Posted February 21, 2008 - 07:48 PM

Go to AMSOIL's product guide and it'll point you to the right stuff.

• dirtbikindad426

Posted February 25, 2008 - 08:52 AM

I am an Amsoil dealer and the guys are right, MCF 10/40. That oil is what you would run for Hondas (both sides), KTM, Yamaha, Kawi, Suzuki all of them

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Slinkyman16

Posted February 25, 2008 - 09:14 AM

went to the product guide. and it wasnt working at the time i was gunna buy the oil.. i ended up getting the mcv due to the only store up here was all out of the mcf.. but i bought 4 qts of the 10/40. now just waiting on ups or fedex.

• dirtbikindad426

Posted February 25, 2008 - 09:19 AM

went to the product guide. and it wasnt working at the time i was gunna buy the oil.. i ended up getting the mcv due to the only store up here was all out of the mcf.. but i bought 4 qts of the 10/40. now just waiting on ups or fedex.

Did you buy it off the Amsoil website?

• Slinkyman16

Posted February 25, 2008 - 09:32 AM

purchased 4 qts threw the site. bought 1 qt from the local shop

• dirtbikindad426

Posted February 25, 2008 - 09:40 AM

purchased 4 qts threw the site. bought 1 qt from the local shop

Are you a prefered customer?

• Slinkyman16

Posted February 25, 2008 - 10:04 AM

yep.. i signed up for it.. did the 6 month trial for 10 bucks. but im going to renew it when the time comes

• dirtbikindad426

Posted February 25, 2008 - 10:14 AM

yep.. i signed up for it.. did the 6 month trial for 10 bucks. but im going to renew it when the time comes

Ah ok then you have a dealer that takes care of you. I hope you know the guy and he takes care of you. If you signed up online then you may not know who the guy is. He may not even know motorcycles at all. Too bad I hate it when that happens. I sponsor local races and like it when people have local providers for parts and or services from local people who support what we all do & love.

• grayracer513

Posted February 25, 2008 - 11:05 AM

If you are a preferred customer, as I am, then there really is little need to ever have any contact with whoever your assigned dealer is. I order everything direct, and as long as I watch my inventory, I get what I need when I need it, and at the same price a dealer level customer pays. The only difference is that PC's don't get the commission credits that dealers do, but if you're just buying for your own use, you don't get much benefit from that, anyway.

It is handy to at least know who the dealer in your area is in the event that you need something quickly, though. In my case, however, the dealer they chose to assign me to was an elderly couple who barely realize that they are dealers. They did refer me to another dealer up the hierarchy who carries a large stock, but I've never had a reason to contact him.

• jimk100189

Posted February 26, 2008 - 11:24 AM

dirtbikindad426, you are correct in one regard. I have been a T-1 certified dealer for many years and although many PCs never need any help (they know what they want and just want the dealer pricing), there are times when they need specific advice on a product or application.

And yes, it should be someone who knows something about the bikes or other common lubricant applications (e.g. compressors, trailers etc) that we rely upon to keep running.

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.