• Wr426rdr

Posted February 20, 2008 - 01:55 PM

I bought an 08 WR450, about 3 weeks ago. I have done the following mods:

grey wire removal
exhaust baffle removal
airbox snorkel removed
adjustable air screw installed
installed GYTR AIS removal kit (jets, needle, etc) still have AIS installed
aluminum hot start knob (stripped plastic POS when i re-jetted)
bark busters

What other mods (somewhat inexpensive) can i do? pipe?

Stock bike ran like an 80cc, now I can feel the power!:applause: So much power that 1/2 mile into my ride with the new mods that i hit a steep rock, launched myself 8 feet in the air, and crash landed!:) I thought I must have busted something on the bike, and to my surprise, stood it up, hit the e-button, and was off again. This time, i was a little more carefull of rocks!:cry:

• MojaveThumper

Posted February 20, 2008 - 07:36 PM

Some people cut the inserts out of the side of the airbox.

• dirtysouth

Posted February 20, 2008 - 07:36 PM

So much power that 1/2 mile into my ride with the new mods that i hit a steep rock, launched myself 8 feet in the air, and crash landed!:) I thought I must have busted something on the bike, and to my surprise, stood it up, hit the e-button, and was off again. This time, i was a little more carefull of rocks!:cry:

R A D :applause:

• matt4x4

Posted February 21, 2008 - 09:23 AM

Some people drill holes in the airbox for fun.
Got my bike with two holes in the side and a chunk of black duct tape over it to seal it up again, the ductape kept lifting so I figured why not just open them up again, so I went and bought a couple of pieces of plumbing hardware that happened to just fit perfectly, and gooped several layers of color matched scotch brite (yeah, it's real high tech) into the holes to help as a pre filter for dust - it's easily rinsed and keeps most junk out of the airbox.
Tatla cost was less than 2 bucks - I think they sell a similar product for something like 15-20 a piece.

Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Thumper_Bloke

Posted February 21, 2008 - 11:07 AM

I don't see the throttle-stop listed in your mods.

Other than that, i'd say you have enough power, just RIDE !! yeehaaaaaa

• WGP

Posted February 21, 2008 - 11:20 AM

Yep Pipe!

Also Skid Plate, Rad Guards, and TM Designworks chain guide....

• C-P

Posted February 21, 2008 - 10:11 PM

It's not usually inexpensive, but based on flying 8 feet into the air, I'd be thinking about suspension...

• dirtysouth

Posted February 22, 2008 - 09:31 AM

It's not usually inexpensive, but based on flying 8 feet into the air, I'd be thinking about suspension...

8 feet in the air might require a padded suit like one of those sumo suits ya know. That or smaller rocks.

• Wr426rdr

Posted February 22, 2008 - 10:11 AM

a pair of tinted goggle may be next, so that i can see the rocks not hidden by the glaring sun! My brother saw me flyin, and was impressed, till he made it up the hill and saw me sitting on my ass next to the bike :smirk: All in all, this bike ROCKS now! My buddy bought an 08 KLX450, and this WR smokes it now! Stock, i was getting dusted, now, he eats my dust !

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.