any noticable diff between powerbomb headers???

1 reply to this topic
  • adens13

Posted February 20, 2008 - 11:51 AM

anyone know if there is a major difference between the "moto" and "supercross" fmf powerbomb headers? i have a 99 yz 400f and want the "supercross" in stainless because fmf claims its for low-mid power increase which is what I want. but all i can find is the stainless "moto" header for this bike. also, i assume i will need to rejet to take full advantage? thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • KJ790

Posted February 20, 2008 - 12:28 PM

There is a difference in where the power increase is delivered. I first put an MX powerbomb on my 450 and at first it felt just like stock until I hit about half throttle, then it pulled harder than stock. I then switched to an SX powerbomb to see the difference. This one felt more like stock on the top end, but pulled a little harder down off the bottom and right out of corners.

Related Content

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.