Scott's Steering Damper Mounting

6 replies to this topic
  • KennyMc

Posted February 20, 2008 - 10:28 AM

Is anyone running a rubber mounted triple clamp with a Scott's steering damper? I was looking at the Applied Racing upper clamps that are rubber mounted.

• Speedracer747-400

Posted February 20, 2008 - 01:21 PM

I'm running a BRP upper triple clamp with a rubber mounted Scotts steering stabilizer sub mount. You can still run a bar pad if you choose to with the sub mount. It will raise the bars about 25mm(1"). BRP and Scotts triple clamps are made in same machine shop, just the anodizing colors are different. If you decide on getting the BRP buy it from the TT store. 10% off retail plus no tax and free shipping.

http://www.brpmoto.c...products_id=884

• GCannon

Posted February 20, 2008 - 03:00 PM

I have the BRP triple clamp sub mount set up Sooooosweeeet!:applause:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dugabrams

Posted February 20, 2008 - 03:41 PM

Me too, love it.

• KennyMc

Posted February 20, 2008 - 06:38 PM

Thanks guys. The reason I ask was that I was talking to Applied and they suggested going with the hard mount. They were saying that using the rubber mount caused the damper to lose some of it's affectivness. I hadn't heard that before so I was wondering if anybody had any experience / issues.

I was thinking about going with the Applied due to being blue anodized but the black BRP looks good too.

• dugabrams

Posted February 20, 2008 - 07:52 PM

I ended up with black BRP upper and lower clamps and it looks nice. If I were to have kept the stock alluminum lower, then I think I would have gone with the Scotts upper to match.

• GCannon

Posted February 21, 2008 - 08:11 AM

I have to admit the color for me was of low importance since which ever color you pick you will get the trick billit part look.

IMHO the BRP clamp with rubber mounted Pro Tapers is worth the price of admission. The added comfort provided your hands and arms is worth every penny. The Damper is just gravy on top.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.