yamaha 00 wr400 transmission help

6 replies to this topic
  • maxwr400f

Posted February 20, 2008 - 05:36 AM

after broken 3rd wheel I open engine for replacing.

I forgot how to set the 2nd pignon 15 T.

one side has a small step the other is flat ...which side goes inside?

picture or explaination are preciouses.

sorry for my english... I am italian

thanks to all

• matt4x4

Posted February 20, 2008 - 11:47 AM

I hope this helps you - I believe it's part number 9 you're referring to:
Posted Image

Go here for other pics if you need them...

http://www.cyclepart...d/2/Yamaha.aspx

the full manual for your bike is at the link below:

http://www.yamahaown...GS-28199-30.pdf

I think the indentation goes away from 4th gear and the little circlip clip fits inside the groove before it butts against the bearing

• maxwr400f

Posted February 21, 2008 - 01:35 AM

thank you so much...
i have already seen that sheet....
yes is the part no. 9.

for my experience the drawns in the manual are not totally perfect.

in any case I set it like shown in the drawn. it was logic.... in the other way the pignon 3 and 9 shouldnt be right with wheels 14 and 23.

moving by hand it seems ok.

many thanks.
ps how do you drive clutch nut without air pistol?

bye

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • matt4x4

Posted February 21, 2008 - 07:28 AM

I presume you mean how do you tighten clutch nut without air gun (pistol)?

I stuff a heavy rag into the gear mesh to "lock" it up, then use a torque wrench on the bolt.

If you mean loosen (which you should have already done since you're inside it), I do the same thing with the rag, use an airgun or you can buy a manual impact driver, it's a unit you hammer and it gives a small twist to the socket from the downward force - costs about 10 dollars.

• maxwr400f

Posted February 22, 2008 - 12:43 AM

I have to study technical english....

I cant understand about nothing of what you have told. ;-))

anyway I brought the engine to a tyres repairer ... he has a very strong gun.

ciao

• matt4x4

Posted February 22, 2008 - 04:57 AM

It's not technical at all, a heavy rag is something like a towel, stuffed into the gears to stop them from turning, the towel will jam the gears without any damage - some use a piece of wood as well.
Look what is in the gears just beyond this guy's hand - he then uses it to clean up his greasy hands when done.

Posted Image

• maxwr400f

Posted February 25, 2008 - 02:19 AM

;-)) ahhh ok an old piece of cotton stuff is usefull....

good idea... even if, in the case of the picture, yamaha suggest an aluminium bar....
the risk, for me, is that the stuff must go between the gears and push out the shaft....

anyway, you are really gentle to give me very good ideas.

yesterday I did an medium hard trip on my hills ( genoa) and my engine seems ok at all.

now I opened completely my engine 3 times.... I might know something about it ;-))

ciao

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.