wr 450 right side lower fork guard

8 replies to this topic
  • tweav

Posted February 20, 2008 - 12:45 AM

I'm putting on a supermoto wheel set on my 07 wr450 . My right fork guard is rubbing the tire . Does anybody know if the 07 yz 450 fork guard will bolt to the wr fork without the odometer drive on ?

• matt4x4

Posted February 20, 2008 - 05:24 AM

The YZ fork guard and WR fork guard aren't any different from each other in size, the only physical difference there is that the WR has the Odo Drive gear and the YZ has a big spacer to make up the gap that would be left when you remove the drive gear, so the wheel sits in the same location (relative to forks) on both bikes.
on my bike, the guard bolts onto the side of the fork at the base - why don't you place a couple of spacers between the plastic and where the bolt fastens - this should move the guard to the outside of the bike, the top guide can be rotated outwards some to accomodate the offset.

• tweav

Posted February 20, 2008 - 06:42 AM

my sm wheel does sit in the center of the bike .I took off both fork guards and checked . my left guard has no issues . but the large lump on the right one where the speedo wire goes is rubbing hard so hard in fact it is pushing the guard into the upper fork leg/seal . I guess I'll just have to take the heat gun to it reshape it a bit then trim it. if the yz one does not have that large lump on it .towards the top this thing is almost 1 1/2 inches from the lower at the lump . the other one is only like a 1/2 inch or so and fits perfect.

• dirtysouth

Posted February 20, 2008 - 07:22 AM

my sm wheel does sit in the center of the bike .I took off both fork guards and checked . my left guard has no issues . but the large lump on the right one where the speedo wire goes is rubbing hard so hard in fact it is pushing the guard into the upper fork leg/seal . I guess I'll just have to take the heat gun to it reshape it a bit then trim it. if the yz one does not have that large lump on it .towards the top this thing is almost 1 1/2 inches from the lower at the lump . the other one is only like a 1/2 inch or so and fits perfect.

Could just cut it and use the ole' cable tie retainer trick. Tie to a hole in the guard or to the fork:excuseme:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • butasan

Posted February 21, 2008 - 01:39 AM

07 YZ 250/450f right fork guard fits 07 WR, and noticebly slimmer. I have one on my WR.

• tweav

Posted February 21, 2008 - 01:47 AM

07 YZ 250/450f right fork guard fits 07 WR, and noticebly slimmer. I have one on my WR.

thanks man for the exact info I was looking for.:applause: :) :cry:

• dirtysouth

Posted February 21, 2008 - 08:25 AM

thanks man for the exact info I was looking for.:applause: :) :cry:

How much slimmer though????? Check before you drop the duckets...

• face_plant

Posted February 21, 2008 - 12:07 PM

i just trimmed both sides of mine with a dremel and some sandpaper

• tweav

Posted February 22, 2008 - 05:33 AM

I did trim mine and reshaped it with the heat gun It fits now . But I also ordered the Yz one it is only 9 bucks. and does fit much tighter I was looking at a yz at the dealer I think It looks like it will bolt right on .

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.