sticker residue

Acrysol! Thats the best thing you can use, its a body shop solvent, works great
Goo Gone will remove the stuff eventually. WD-40 breaks it down faster, but then you have to remove the WD-40 with something else. Brake Cleaner is a little rough on the plastics, and evaporates so quickly that it can't carry the glue off the parts anyway. You have to go back repeatedly. Carb cleaner is better on both scores, but not a lot.

Acrysol is the best choice, IMO. Cuts the glue quickly, transports it well, and doesn't dull the plastics like carb cleaner can. Good call.

I am using mineral spirits on my bike right now (putting all new graphics on it). Mineral spirits will dull the plastic slightly, but you don't have to clean after it before putting on the new graphics. Just wait for it to dry.

I've heard that Pledge will shine the plastics back up and help them stay clean. Anyone here tried it with success?

I use WD-40, it breaks down the sticky and turns it into a goo that can be wiped off, if your reapplying stickers, you'll need to clean the WD-40 off before you apply the new stickers.

It's amazing how WD-40 works being that it is an oil based product but I also use it to clean off residue especially on my chain and sprockets. As for the sticker residue, I fourth Goo Gone.

Acrysol! Thats the best thing you can use, its a body shop solvent, works great at removing grease stains from cloth also...and as a zippo fluid.

So maybe zippo fluid would work good?

I've heard wd-40 works pretty good too

I agree. I had a trailer with stickers that I took off and I went the local A&B auto paint shop and they got me some sticker remover made by 3M. The stuff works awesome! Doesn't take any shine off the plastic. Comes in a can and you just wet a cloth and wipe the stciker glue off. If you want the official name of it p.m. and I'll get it to you. Best stuff I've ever used and a bottle lasts a LONG time.

The best way I found how to remove the glue is to just spray alcahol on the side panels and shrouds after peeling the old graphics off. Next just take your thumb and roll the old glue off ( which will take just a little longer) but you will not have all that other stuff on the plastic like wd-40 ect.... The glue rolls off quiet well almost like rolling a booger.