Turned RED today

6 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted October 26, 2002 - 09:08 PM

I just traded my DRZ for a 6 month old XR650R today. My main reasons were highway power, and parts prices (Suzuki F-ing rips us off on parts) and parts/dealer availability.

It was the last straw when Suzuki wanted over 100.00 CAN for a chain slider, and Honda wanted 20.00 CAN for the same part on the 650. I'm tired of taking it up you know where just to ride a DRZ.

So far, I really like the 650R. I will update after my big trail ride tomorrow!

Posted Image

• Big_D

Posted October 26, 2002 - 09:39 PM

Welcome to the wonerful world of the BRP!!! From the pic and the list of things on the bike or on order it looks like a sweet ride!

The next thing I would do to the bike (other than ride the crap out of it) is check out Race Tech's web site and use their application to see if the suspension spring rates are in the ball park for you. I tip the scales at 230 without gear so I swaped springs with heavier ones from the Race Tech numbers and it was the BEST single improvement I have made to the bike. The suspension is actually plusher and it takes a BIG hit to bottom things out.

Happy Trails!!!

• dudenstumpy

Posted October 27, 2002 - 02:40 AM

If you are doing a lot of highway miles ,you might consider
uping the gearing by puting a 15 tooth front sprocket on.
This increases top speed to around 105mph, and decreases
revs by 7%. I have found this still works fine off-road#]
for me.
cheers, Craig

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • huskyrider

Posted October 27, 2002 - 05:47 AM

DRZANDY,
Your gonna love that bike.
One of my riding buds has the same bike.
He waxes me on the dirt roads and I kill him in the tight trails.
I really like riding his bike and have considered buying a late model used one to build a SuperMoto out of.
Enjoy your new ride.

• 02XR250rRider

Posted October 27, 2002 - 11:11 AM

Nice bike, :) when you going to let me ride it. :D

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted October 28, 2002 - 04:44 PM

This this absolutely RIPS!!! Makes ANY 400 class bike seem weak. I love the handling, really stable, doesn't feel any heavier than my DRZ, other than the steering, but you get used to that, anyway. It is definately more stable and holds a line better at any speed over my DRZ. Wish I had done this last year, didn't know what I was missing. Can't wait for the Baja Designs kit to arrive so I can catwalk I mean ride it to work!

• Skolly

Posted November 04, 2002 - 04:11 AM

I have a 600 and a 400. I'm sure you'll love your 650. Hey Husky rider, I'm a former expert mountain bike racer, I throw my 400 around like a muontain bike , but there is ONE guy I know who can keep up on the tight trails, his name is Eric B. and he's a big 260 lb, no fear guy. Unfortunatly, his stamina is lacking, thats the only reason I eventually pull away. Have fun.
Skolly

Related Content

Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.