good 14T sprocket that won't damage a countershaft?

5 replies to this topic
  • Itchykawa

Posted February 19, 2008 - 05:08 PM

Who makes a good 14T front sprocket for the 650L that won't eventually damage the countershaft? Do most prefer steel or aluminum?

• frankiewhipit

Posted February 19, 2008 - 05:52 PM

I have had a JT steel sprocket on my bike for 4 years. so far, so good :applause:

• resurrection

Posted February 19, 2008 - 06:03 PM

I bought a used L to find the sprocket falling off .
I found the keeper not correctly installed ,it must offset the theeth.
Killed the shaft end.
I tacked a bump of weld to the shaft ,sprocket wont come off until I grind off the bump.
Be carefull not to weld sprocket it should be free .
good luck

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cleonard

Posted February 19, 2008 - 08:15 PM

For the last 3 years I have been running the Rocky Mountain Primary Drive house brand. For the price I was skeptical, but I was surprised at the machining. It fits at least as well as the OEM 650L 15 tooth sprocket that I use for more wide open riding.

The only brand that I don't like is PBI. I've used OEM, PBI, Renthal, JT and Sunstar over the years on several XR's and XL's.

If you want a Honda sprocket, get a 91 thru 2000 XR600R countershaft sprocket. Nothing wrong with them other than the inflated price.

• Denn10

Posted February 19, 2008 - 09:36 PM

have a rear primary drive and i think the CS would be pretty good, also JT like said before.

• XR650L_Dave

Posted February 20, 2008 - 09:04 AM

Only one I know to steer clear of is PBI.

Related Content

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.