Well I Found The Problem With My Edelbrock

9 replies to this topic
  • Agent2

Posted February 19, 2008 - 08:50 AM

Been having a problem with it not idleing down, spent the weekend cleaning the carb, lubing linkage and cables etc. still wasen't working. So I pulled the accelerator pump out to find that the blue "washer / grommet" on the bottom of the shaft had disintigrated allowing gas to get on top of the pump "hydrolocking" the shaft down. Just an FYI incase anyone else is having a high idle problem (having to blip the throttle to get it to idle down).

• husky123

Posted February 19, 2008 - 10:36 AM

Thanks for the update Agent! Glad you figured it out.

• thouk

Posted February 19, 2008 - 02:25 PM

Agent,
Did you just order the part from Edelbrock or do you have a homemade substitution? Mine is somewhat doing the same thing. Thanks, Tony

• Agent2

Posted February 19, 2008 - 03:00 PM

Agent,
Did you just order the part from Edelbrock or do you have a homemade substitution? Mine is somewhat doing the same thing. Thanks, Tony

Tony - I called Edelbrock and was told that they don't sell parts retail, only to distributors, they gave me the phone number of a Harley parts store that stocks Edelbrock parts. Here is the website -
http://www.wallyscycleworld.com/. Placed the order yesterday, hopefully get it around the end of the week.
You will need the part numbers, here is the schematic and part #'s, thanks to Creeky for posting this a while back - http://www.edelbrock...b_internals.pdf

• Krannie McKranface

Posted February 19, 2008 - 09:53 PM

Is this the ac pump diaphram that has disintegrated?
I can't find any schematics of this carb on line............

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • pantaz

Posted February 19, 2008 - 11:38 PM

I've received lots of help from the folks at www.barnumspro.com for my Edelbrock needs.

• Agent2

Posted February 20, 2008 - 08:35 AM

Is this the ac pump diaphram that has disintegrated?
I can't find any schematics of this carb on line............

Krannie - if you look at the PDF file posted above - it's # 53 - part # 9098. On the bottom of the shaft is a blue rubber "washer" that's intrigal with the shaft.

• xr650l bum

Posted February 20, 2008 - 09:44 AM

Thanks for the PDF. I have been wondering what that 49 pump check ball does. I found it and the 50 needle when they fell out of my carb when cleaning. The needle I put back, but did not know where the ball went. I still cant tell from the pdf. The carb is running well without it. Anyone know what it does, and where it goes?

• Agent2

Posted February 20, 2008 - 10:06 AM

Thanks for the PDF. I have been wondering what that 49 pump check ball does. I found it and the 50 needle when they fell out of my carb when cleaning. The needle I put back, but did not know where the ball went. I still cant tell from the pdf. The carb is running well without it. Anyone know what it does, and where it goes?

After reasembling my carb I had that funny feeling that maybe I had lost that check ball, but after pulling the accelerator pump I noticed it in place at the bottom of the pump well.

• xr650l bum

Posted February 20, 2008 - 10:14 AM

Funny thing is I have never pulled the pump assembly. I wanted to, but it did not want to come out and I did not want to F something up. Interesting.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.