99 WR400 exh cam timing query?

2 replies to this topic
  • MickWR400

Posted February 19, 2008 - 05:45 AM

i was wondering if anyone could tell me if my wr400 99 model has had the exhaust cam advanced to yzf spec?

i was going to post a pic (instead of trying to explain it)but have since realised i cant!! so here goes:

with the exhaust cam marks straight across (12-6, 9-3 oclock respectively) the inlet cam looks to be 1 tooth advanced in a clockwise position..

can anyone tell me if standard yzf is when the cam markings are both lined up the same? or has mine at yzf spec already??? i am the second owner and have noticed some mods have been done ie throttle stop, air box etc it has a lot of punch and beats a crf450 and only just gets done by a yzf450..

thanks in advance

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dirtysouth

Posted February 19, 2008 - 12:00 PM

i was wondering if anyone could tell me if my wr400 99 model has had the exhaust cam advanced to yzf spec?

i was going to post a pic (instead of trying to explain it)but have since realised i cant!! so here goes:

with the exhaust cam marks straight across (12-6, 9-3 oclock respectively) the inlet cam looks to be 1 tooth advanced in a clockwise position..

can anyone tell me if standard yzf is when the cam markings are both lined up the same? or has mine at yzf spec already??? i am the second owner and have noticed some mods have been done ie throttle stop, air box etc it has a lot of punch and beats a crf450 and only just gets done by a yzf450..

thanks in advance

Probably gonna have to take a pic man:excuseme:

• 1rkcooper

Posted February 19, 2008 - 08:12 PM

Here is what you need
http://motoman393.thumpertalk.com/

Go to tech articles and in there you will find how to change WR to YZ timing.

Take a look at the sticky threads at the top of the WR and the top of th YZ pages. There is lots of good info in there.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.