What is the best D.O.T Dual Sport kit and Cost
Posted October 26, 2002 - 01:09 PM
Posted October 26, 2002 - 01:57 PM
Posted October 27, 2002 - 03:22 PM
I just need to know what other people have done or bought.
Posted October 27, 2002 - 03:46 PM
In michigan we need
1) hi/lo beem headlight
3) Dot tires
On my YZ400 I used:
1) electrex wr stator/flywheel kit $300
2) electrex voltage regulator $20ish
3) electrex brake pressure switch $20ish
4) Acerbis Blitz headlight $75
5) Ufo ktm underfender tailight housing $25
6) Acerbis mirror $15
7) Radioshack personal alarm $15 honda kill switch $5 makes the horn
I got away without the DOT tires. The cop diddn't catch it. I also dont have a hi/lo beam headlight. Although you could wire the 2 bulbs in the Acerbis with a toggle switch to resemble a hi/lo. A cop will never know the diff. Both bulbs are 35w stock on the acerbis.
I dont have blinkers and I dont have a battery. Some areas require these.
Hope some of this helps.