new side casing for older bikes

3 replies to this topic
  • cjh426

Posted October 26, 2002 - 12:51 PM

hello, i have a 01 wr 426, and was wondering if any body has heard of any companies coming out with a new side casing with the oil plug in it like the new 03's. thanks for any info if you have it.

• cjh426

Posted October 27, 2002 - 04:59 AM

sorry , maybee i was a little excited about finding a site this great and left out some details.
i was thinking along the lines of having a wet sump kit put in my bike and thought it would be nice to have the oil fill plug on the left side of the bike like the newer ones.
thanks for any info chris

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • blue_beast_wins

Posted October 27, 2002 - 11:44 AM

Why would you want to do that?? the whole idea of having a dry sump is to maintain good and constant oil pressure, no matter what, i personally love to mono my bike and i know it still has oil pressure, when you drop it and it still runs for a bit, still got oil pressure. :)

• cjh426

Posted October 27, 2002 - 05:21 PM

ok... thanks blue beast , i never thought to much about the pro's and con's of it just looking at the Lighter side but i appreciate the information :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.