07 WR450 with air box mod...

3 replies to this topic
  • Kirkster

Posted February 18, 2008 - 07:14 PM

Ok. I did the air box mod. But I am not all together happy about the amount of junk that can get in through the side holes. My DRZ had the snorkel removed but it never had any issues with water getting into the air box. It seems every time I go out I have collected lots of water in the air box along with a film of mud... I drain the air box and put the little cup back on and then repeat next time out.

Has anyone else tackled the side holes or maybe some air filter foam artfully placed over the big hole to keep some of the crap out???

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted February 19, 2008 - 08:40 AM

panty hoes...is what we used on a buddies bike and it was night and day different from what used to get in and what didnt get in now!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • timoyz1

Posted February 19, 2008 - 11:51 AM

I used a grey Scotch Brite pad. It keeps out the sticks and stones but doubt if it would do the same with water.

• Kirkster

Posted February 19, 2008 - 04:44 PM

I used a grey Scotch Brite pad. It keeps out the sticks and stones but doubt if it would do the same with water.

Yea but it would slow things down and keep the water from shooting in and then down. So it would probably just drip down outside of the airbox...

Thanks for the ideas guys...

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.