Trouble in the Crankcase Please Help

8 replies to this topic
  • cheneyd3

Posted February 18, 2008 - 05:45 PM

I have a 2002 yz 426f and when I was repairing my drain plug hole on the bottom of the crankcase I accidently knocked the heli-coil tang into the bottom of the crankcase. Wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to get it out without having to tear the entire engine apart.

• 426boy

Posted February 18, 2008 - 05:50 PM

you could try to flush it out with some oil maby?

• tntmo

Posted February 18, 2008 - 05:51 PM

I would try to flush the crankcase out, maybe you could use some diesel fuel or some cheap oil. Drain it into a container and see if the piece comes out.

• cheneyd3

Posted February 18, 2008 - 05:57 PM

How can I flush the engine with oil. The yz 426f gets engine oil in the frame then is pumped through the crankcase and sucked back through

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 642MX

Posted February 18, 2008 - 06:22 PM

How can I flush the engine with oil. The yz 426f gets engine oil in the frame then is pumped through the crankcase and sucked back through

Have you tried to use a small magnet?

• cheneyd3

Posted February 18, 2008 - 06:26 PM

Have you tried to use a small magnet?

haven't been able to find one small enough to fit in the crankcase drain hole

• 642MX

Posted February 18, 2008 - 06:37 PM

haven't been able to find one small enough to fit in the crankcase drain hole

Take a pick with a 45 degree angle or one with a hook on it (or even a small screw driver). Rub a magnet back and forth on the metal shaft and on the tip, and then fish out your piece.

• tnl

Posted February 18, 2008 - 06:42 PM

Is it possible on your bike to pull the left side case cover off to get to the bottom of the sump? Shifter side? Remove cover, flywheel, stator if needed etc.

• grayracer513

Posted February 18, 2008 - 07:41 PM

Is it possible on your bike to pull the left side case cover off to get to the bottom of the sump? Shifter side? Remove cover, flywheel, stator if needed etc.

Yes. You will have your best access to the sump and transmission area though there.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.