R vs L

66 replies to this topic
  • husky123

Posted February 19, 2008 - 04:29 PM

Oh boy, here we go again...:applause:

• Maroast

Posted February 19, 2008 - 04:39 PM

Oh boy, here we go again...:)

hahaha i hear ya man.... but its just so damn hard to stay out of these things :applause:

• resurrection

Posted February 19, 2008 - 06:35 PM

I have both and find the L very comfy and friendly .The R is niether .
I ride the L alone and slow,I ride the R niether.
The R isn't very nice.

• Bibleman

Posted February 19, 2008 - 06:47 PM

Well boys, there you have it. The "L" rules and the "R" drools. End of story:busted: :applause:
PS We've heard that the L in virtually stock trim does the quarter in high 13s around 90mph. Anyone have figures for the R?

• dldavis_66

Posted February 19, 2008 - 07:38 PM

Uh...umm...dang...yeah...go with the L. You and your papa will have tons of fun both on and off the pavement.

Yeah...well...had to say something. I'm feeling rather jazzed right now. Got my bike totally uncorked now. Can't wait till I get my older bike's top end all perf-ed up, opened up and all that other fine stuff. Then it's the same thing for the new one(the one I'm riding now).

:) :applause: :cry:

• hill5150

Posted February 19, 2008 - 07:43 PM

What's the hardest thing about owning an "L"...............

Telling your parents that your gay................

• martinfan30

Posted February 19, 2008 - 07:45 PM

I was waiting for a pic to load on that big azz post you made!! Then I saw the bottom sentence. :) :applause:

• FoxRacin17

Posted February 19, 2008 - 08:22 PM

How do the old 600Rs compare the the 650Rs and 650Ls? i found one of them already street legal and tagged for 1500.

• hondacrf150f1

Posted February 20, 2008 - 10:16 AM

well your getting 2 bikes....how about 1 R and 1 L?

My dad and I both have XR650R's and i kinda wish he had bought something diffornt, always fun to get off one bike and get on another. If you had an L and R you could swap off and ride both of them. Or a 600R and a 650L...all kinds of good mixtures.

• BWB63

Posted February 20, 2008 - 10:47 AM

Like hill5150 said, all you would be is a switch hitter!

There is no reason to own a XR650L if you have a plate on a XR650R. If you want another bike get a CRF450R or CR250R

I can't believe that this question is always asked when there is much informaition about the bikes on the net.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • percyco

Posted February 20, 2008 - 01:35 PM

[quote name='hill5150']What's the hardest thing about owning an "L"...............

Having to wait for all your R model friends to load up and haul thier bikes to the next riding area because they can't ride on the road............... :applause:

• hill5150

Posted February 20, 2008 - 01:52 PM

[quote name='percyco'][quote name='hill5150']What's the hardest thing about owning an "L"...............

Having to wait for all your R model friends to load up and haul thier bikes to the next riding area because they can't ride on the road............... :)[/QUOTE]

R riders don't travel w/ L guys, they're too slow,and it's like hanging out w/ guys who ride boogie boards...............:applause:

It'll still own the "L"adies version becasue it is an [COLOR="Red"]01 680R/PLATED[/COLOR]

• jdubb75

Posted February 20, 2008 - 02:08 PM

What started out as a simple question has turned into this. I'm having a good time with this post though. Keep it up...good stuff.:applause:

I think I smell an R vs L all out, put up or shut up, king of dual sports competition in the works. See you on the trails...and street!:)

• Norge

Posted February 20, 2008 - 02:38 PM

We go thru this every year. Sort of like arguing politics, both sides think the other side is crazy. I'm very content with my feminine 'L', love to press that magic button while 'R' riders look for TDC.

• Maroast

Posted February 20, 2008 - 03:06 PM

Having to wait for all your R model friends to load up and haul thier bikes to the next riding area because they can't ride on the road

Null. Void. Does not compute. Does not compute.

What is that pesky thing hanging off the rear fender of my bike.... :applause:

Posted Image

• Maroast

Posted February 20, 2008 - 03:09 PM

love to press that magic button

I love to press the magic button too.....

on your mom!

• hill5150

Posted February 20, 2008 - 03:11 PM

TDC is at the top, kinda like the part of the mountain the "R" finds itself all the time looking for his fellow "L" brethren...............This R VS L is always fun.......:applause:

• FoxRacin17

Posted February 20, 2008 - 03:12 PM

well, he is going to buy a 03 650L and im going to buy a 95 600R thats tricked out saturday (hopefully). we found them both and theyre in the same city! sweet! the R is street legal already too. tagged and all. the L is like brand new.

and to whoever said buy a CR or CRF for a separate bike, he has a CR480. thats his offroad bike. and i have a XR400 that is my offroad bike (unless i like this XR600R to much). the reason for the street legal ones is so we can ride in wildlife managment areas and dirt back roads legally as long as were not caught speeding. :)

the new 650Rs are too much for me to shell out right now. im fixin to go to MMI :banghead: so i have to pay to drive over there every day and all so i just cant afford it now. it would be the 2nd bike on my list behind a CRF450 for the next purchases though. maybe a graduation present. :cry: :applause:

• FoxRacin17

Posted February 20, 2008 - 03:14 PM

TDC is at the top, kinda like the part of the mountain the "R" finds itself all the time looking for his fellow "L" brethren...............This R VS L is always fun.......:applause:

glad i could start a fun topic for you guys. thanks for all the replies and laughs. you guys are a real help. have fun. im sure ill have some questions about the 600 and 650 we are supposed to go buy.

• FoxRacin17

Posted February 20, 2008 - 03:15 PM

Null. Void. Does not compute. Does not compute.

What is that pesky thing hanging off the rear fender of my bike.... :applause:

Posted Image

how fast did you clock the bike out there? that would be fun on my CBR.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.