yzf 450 or wr450?

25 replies to this topic
  • WGP

Posted February 27, 2008 - 04:11 PM

My 05 WR e-start works really good....Your jetting is not right or your valves are a little tight.
Check the jetting specs On Wr forum

I race Desert and Harescrambles and I can tell you that the e-start is a slight advantage but with 2-4 hour races a couple seconds on the start is not worth the hours of trying to skim whoops on a WR:crazy:

My new to me YZ is however much faster in Mid-range throttle, way lighter and easier to throw around....AND the suspension is WAY better.

• Wiz636

Posted February 27, 2008 - 04:16 PM

Every desert race I go to, even the ones where you're on the bike to start with, half the e-start stuff is gone when the first kick start bike leaves.

Buddy of mine has a Husqvarna 450 with e-start and a Rekluse and he gets the holeshot every single time he races. I don't think he even pulls in the clutch...just hits the button with the bike in second gear and off he goes!

• grayracer513

Posted February 27, 2008 - 05:03 PM

Do you have a specific link? I searched and didn't see anything about making the WR fire on the first hit.

Start here:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 450-F

Posted February 28, 2008 - 07:34 AM

Ohh, thanks alot guys :smirk:

I'll have to pull the "blue/white" wire and see what happens.

• grayracer513

Posted February 28, 2008 - 08:01 AM

Ohh, thanks alot guys :smirk:

I'll have to pull the "blue/white" wire and see what happens.

Don't miss the point that there are more than one B/W wires in the harness that do different things.

• buzzgrizz

Posted February 28, 2008 - 05:02 PM

get the yz i would rather make a yz a woods bike than make a wr a track bike

Related Content

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.