Just picked up my 07 YZ 450f-Mod Time

13 replies to this topic
  • RFBComp

Posted February 18, 2008 - 05:31 AM

Was wondering if someone could recommend some good modifications for my bike....I do only trail riding and was thinking of the following.

Skid Plate
Brush Guards
Maybe New exhaust and silencer-Any recommendations?
Has 49 tooth sproket thinking of going to 50

Also this is my first 4 stroke anything I should know for up keep that is different than two stroke?

• The Italian Stallion

Posted February 18, 2008 - 01:36 PM

Taller bars,taller seat,Dr D full exhaust,the best front tire,50t spocket,sag at 95mm,forks 5mm below line,rear axle all the way back,zip-ty carb mod,offset triples[debatable but I like them] and a skid plate for god sakes its frank and beans are hanging right out!

• gpr

Posted February 18, 2008 - 02:51 PM

Jason,
Why do you need the best front tire? I have seen that mentioned a few times but I just assumed that the back would be more important.

BTW I am getting an 07 YZ450 this weekend as well. Right now I have the Promoto kickstand, Utah skid plate, Moose handguards, Moose fender bag, ASV levers, and magnetic oil plug ready to install.

• The Italian Stallion

Posted February 18, 2008 - 03:13 PM

Jason,
Why do you need the best front tire? I have seen that mentioned a few times but I just assumed that the back would be more important.

BTW I am getting an 07 YZ450 this weekend as well. Right now I have the Promoto kickstand (favorite addition ever), Utah skid plate, Moose handguards, Moose fender bag, ASV levers, and magnetic oil plug ready to install.

The bike needs a little set up to turn well compared to some other brands.If you are rideing moto on a harpacked track with alot of different types of turns you will notice a push like there isn't enough weight on the front tire.It takes a little more thought to go through the turns in stock form. However the bike is sensitive to small changes in adjustment. The best front tire for your conditions is a must on any bike.And the adjustments that I mentioned above sag,rear wheel far back and raising the forks are to put more weight on the front wheel.

• hall1012

Posted November 16, 2008 - 02:43 PM

Buy a GYTR off-road flywheel. It is the absolute best mod I have ever made to my 07 450F. I ride trails and the bike tractors up hills and you use the clutch way less. Also, the bike won't die when it falls over or when going slow over obstacles. Put on the flywheel and it will be the best trail bike you will ever ride!!!

• WB450

Posted November 16, 2008 - 05:03 PM

Heavy GYTR flywheel.
Zip Ty carb mod.
IMS 3.1 tank.
Good skid plate.
Some sort of hand guard.
PMB Kickstand.

• mywifefarts

Posted November 16, 2008 - 05:26 PM

If I were you I would definately ride this bike first before making any changes. Not to say you can't make the bike better. That way you have something to measure the actual effectiveness of whatever you decide to change or modify. Chances are you might find yourself able to ride this bike fast stock!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Family Man

Posted November 16, 2008 - 09:32 PM

Yeah ride it first. I would say however that and oring chain is in order regardeless.

• mywifefarts

Posted November 16, 2008 - 09:40 PM

Yeah ride it first. I would say however that and oring chain is in order regardeless.

definately a must have! Parts Unlimited makes an X-ring for about $70.00>

• grayracer513

Posted November 16, 2008 - 09:50 PM

Theoretically, the OP will have decided on what to do with his bike in the 9 months since he first posted his question.

• mywifefarts

Posted November 16, 2008 - 11:04 PM

Theoretically, the OP will have decided on what to do with his bike in the 9 months since he first posted his question.

I'm kind of stupid. you've proven it twice now.

• grayracer513

Posted November 17, 2008 - 06:14 AM

I'm kind of stupid. you've proven it twice now.

Yeah, but your wife's cool.

Besides, you're not the one who dug it out of the archives. It's not that hard to get sucked into it once someone does that.

What was the other time?

• mywifefarts

Posted November 17, 2008 - 03:08 PM

Yeah, but your wife's cool.

Besides, you're not the one who dug it out of the archives. It's not that hard to get sucked into it once someone does that.

What was the other time?

Someone was having trouble bleeding their brakes. I tried to describe how to "gravity bleed" without remembering the term for the procedure.:thumbsup: The worst part is that the guy that I was trying to help was more than likely more knowledgable than me. I guess I just don't think before I type.

• grayracer513

Posted November 17, 2008 - 05:42 PM

...The worst part is that the guy that I was trying to help was more than likely more knowledgable than me. I guess I just don't think before I type.

But you knew how to bleed the brakes, and he didn't. :thumbsup:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.