flywheel weight recomendations

22 replies to this topic
  • grayracer513

Posted December 08, 2008 - 11:32 AM

Does anybody happen to know the inertia mass of the Steehly +9oz flywheel? I'm trying to decide between that or the GYTR.

I don't know it, but if the flywheel is configured as a welded on ring weight, as is the GYT-R, it should be very similar. The GYT-R adds about the same 9 ounces.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • btray

Posted December 10, 2008 - 06:21 AM

My son and I both have 04 mine has a 14oz and his has a 9oz power feels the same but mine difinetly is better in the tight stuff. Here is where bigger is better. Maybe the 06 doesnt have the same flywheel and the hit may be a little less but I still think you would be better off with bigger. I don't think you are going to loose anything but stalls.

• easy19

Posted December 10, 2008 - 08:41 AM

i have 06 and it has both rekluse pro and heavy flywheel weight. the bike is super fun and easy. Rode a trail last weekend the trail boss called chernobyl. super tight ticky tacky fresh cut first gear woods. no stall, no clutch. Nice. i was reluctant about the rekluse but have not found a place where i don't like it. wiz636, ask woody what he put on his 06. i don't know if he will know the super tech, but he knows what he put on that bike.

Related Content

WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.