170+ Areas listed for closure in California

6 replies to this topic
  • excitebike02

Posted April 18, 2002 - 12:31 PM

170+ areas in California http://www.calwild.o...ywilderness.htm

http://www.crowley-o...reas_for_CA.htm

This is a part of Barbra Boxers and Diane Feinstein's plan to lock us out of public land. Wilderness Designation = NO MOTORCYCLES, NO BICYCLES, and anything motorized or mechanized is banned. The democRATS responsible for proposing this and trying to shut us out of all these areas are none other then 2 very old liberal ladies who don't even ride. They are -

Senator Barbara Boxer
112 Hart Senate Office Building Washington, DC 20510 Senator@boxer.senate.gov
(415) 403-0100

Senator Dianne Feinstein
United States Senate
331 Hart Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510
Senator@feinstein.senate.gov
(415) 536-6868

The group pushing to ban recreation in these 170+ areas
http://www.calwild.org/pw/ Phone(530)758-0380 Fax(530)758-0382

The person responsible for pushing to ban recreation - Director of CWC Paul Spitler paul@calwild.org (his email) HELLOOOOOOO HE IS ON THE OHV COMMISION PEOPLE WAKE UP!! SOMEONE NEEDS TO LAUNCH A INVESTIGATION INTO HIS PRACTICES WHICH ARE ILLEGAL. http://www.4x4wire.c...d/wildlands.htm

The eco groups behind this that are trying to stop recreation on public lands -

1. Sierra Club
2. CWC - http://www.calwild.org/pw/
3. CBD
4. REI (the store) they are supporting CWC. DON'T BUY ANYTHING THERE

WHAT YOU CAN DO - JUST SEND OFF A LETTER VOICING YOUR SUPPORT FOR RECREATION AND WHY YOU DON'T SUPPORT WILDERNESS DESINGATION BECAUSE IT BANS RECREATION, CAUSES JOB LOSSES, AND ANYTHING ELSE YOU CAN THINK OF. TELL YOUR SENATORS NOT TO SUPPORT THIS WILDERNESS DESINGATION PLAN WHICH = "RECREATION DISCRIMINATION". LET THESE PEOPLE KNOW THEY WILL LOSE VOTES IF THEY SUPPORT THIS ISSUE.

Boxer has an simple email form to fill out:
http://boxer.senate....ct/webform.html

Feinstein can be contacted through regular email:

Senator@feinstein.senate.gov

and here is a list of contact info for all Senators:
http://www.senate.go...cting/index.cfm

and a web form to write you local Congressman:
http://www.house.gov/writerep/

PLEASE COPY AND POST THIS ON ALL OTHER MESSAGE BOARDS AND EMAIL TO PEOPLE.

ANY SAMPLE LETTERS TO HELP PEOPLE WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED TO.

• Ron_in_SoCal

Posted April 18, 2002 - 01:12 PM

Very well done my friend. Thank you for bringing this madness to our attention.

I, for one, am sick to death of this. They are taking away the whole darn state a little at a time. The only way to fix it is to vote the liberals out of office.

To those of you who do not vote: Thanks for nothing.
:D :) :D :D :D :D :D

• Dan_from_HB

Posted April 18, 2002 - 02:59 PM

Thanks for the heads up, excitebike.
Some learn by reading about others' experiences. Some learn by watching others' experiences.
Some have to pee on the electrified fence and learn for themselves.
We are heading straight into this third category when it comes to all public land being closed to off-road vehicles, even with the help of BRC, ARRA, CORVA, and AMA, etc.
The choice is simple: either you get ACTIVE NOW in saving your land from those poised to lock you out, or you will find out how fast your sport will die and your $6000+ investment in your iron horse becomes completely worthless. The choice is being forced on us RIGHT NOW. These people are deadly serious. I have followed their agenda and their tactics when it comes to gun control. They are not fooling around.
I am through asking nicely. If you live in the United States, get your ass on the internet and write everyone who represents you. No excuses! If not for yourself, at least do it for your children and grandchildren so they can also enjoy their public lands before it is all locked up. If you don't act, we don't want to hear you complain when it's all gone.
Dan

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Chaindrive

Posted April 18, 2002 - 04:58 PM

These people are anti-human-race and the most selfish thieves on earth. Most have no real, hands-on concept of the vastness and wonder of our public lands. Since they don't experience the bounty of these places, they don't want anyone else to either. We have NO desire to prevent ANYONE from enjoying this brief life and great land. THAT is their whole purpose in life.
My riding buddy has a lovely daughter who, at 12, is just learning to (sort of) walk. She has spent her life on her hands and knees and with a walker. She loves riding with her dad and brothers (double up). She will likely never be able to go backpacking and hiking. Yet Feinstien and Boxer and crew would deny people like her the small joy of seeing and experiencing the wonders of their own land.
Dewayne went to CA over the cold IA winter just to enjoy riding and explore future family-riding vacation spots. We plan to take our families on riding vacations together. Who wants to see our Western wonders from brochures and tv? If we can't ride there, why would we ever go to California? If these are federal lands, they are ours, too.
If more people lived in places like Iowa where there are virtually no public riding areas,[ and the three I know of are only a few tiny acres in a flood-plain area (2),and an old abandoned strip-mine area. These places are closed more often than open.], they would appreciate the importance of our western state's areas to ALL of us.
These people's advantage right now is the fact they are all one group: If they staged one rally, they could protest: riding, public land use, hunting, guns, right-to-life, eating meat, raising your family w/o govt. interference, religion, pledge of allegiance in schools, on and on... AND ALL THEY WOULD HAVE TO DO IS CHANGE GUEST SPEAKERS! The crowd would remain the same! Killing unborn humans purely for birth control reasons is a "RIGHT" and duty, just don't disturb a damned turtle or owl or let the public use public land! They are a SMALL fringe element that knows how to make a helluva lotta noise. It works. Try it!
( Speaking of noise,We've got tornado sirens going off right now, so I'll end my rant here.) You all KNOW what needs done! JUST DO IT!

GREAT JOB excitebike02!! :D :) :D

• Mitch_R

Posted April 19, 2002 - 08:44 AM

Just got done e-mailing a whole slew of them greenies. I hope that everyone else will do the same. I try to convince them that we as off road recreationist enjoy the beauty of nature and want continued access to it. Let them know that you vote and others with your opinion do too. Together we CAN beat these people. Don't let the voice of a few organized people speak for the unorganized masses!!!!! Speak up let our voices be heard!!!!!!!
Power to the people!!!!! :D
Ok so I am getting a little excited,but god d*** these people just PISS ME OFF!!!!!! :) :D :D

• Bryan Bosch

Posted April 19, 2002 - 09:40 PM

You can email this thread to anyone you wish by clicking on the link just above excitebike's post.

I challenge each and everyone one of you to take time out of your busy schedules, including riding time, to express your concerns. I can tell you that I will be spending a few hours this weekend focusing on this.

Excitbike, TT thanks you for your post! We are planning to partner with watchdog groups like the Blue Ribbon Coalition in order to get this info out to our members in a more organized fashion.

Bryan

• Mitch_R

Posted April 20, 2002 - 08:22 AM

I hope that everyone of us writes someone and bitches at them about closing OUR riding places. We should all be members of Blue Ribbon Coalition, the AMA, and a local group such as CORVA here in California. CORVA's web site is www.corva.com :D Just take ten minutes every week, it's worth it isn't it? :D :D :) :D :D

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.