01 YZ426 power mods got any ideas???

1 reply to this topic
  • yz426weelieking

Posted February 16, 2008 - 09:00 PM

I have a 01 yz426, I already have a full fmf exhaust system with powerbomb header, all jetted and added adjustable fuell mixture screw, the bike runs great. I also added renthal front and rear sprockets to lower the gearing a little bit for the tracks, what can I do to get a little more power??? I plan on making it a 450 when the top end craps out, but i think its going to be a while for that, because the bike runs like its brand new and starts on the first kick. I'm interested in a cam, port and pollish, valves, or anything to better help me keep up with these newer bikes, I want my bike to hit harder than my uncles 07 kx450 which is stock besides levers handlebars and suspension work, I have always had two strokes, someone please tell me what to do to make my 4-stroke way to fast for the average rider, I am never satisfied with the power output of any bike, i always want more, I was riding a rc51 when i was 18, so lemme know how to get the full potential out of this bike without spending a million dollars.....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Crabtree426

Posted February 17, 2008 - 11:34 AM

Iadded a powernow to my bike. It didn't help on power so much as it did on throttle response. The bottom end felt crisper.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.