do you think it's ok to .......

2 replies to this topic
  • Wr426rdr

Posted February 16, 2008 - 08:17 PM

Do you think it is OK to ride my 08 Wr450 with the Hotstart connecter into the top of the carb stripped? In an effort to re-jet, and get the carb out of the bike, i disconnected the Hot start which treads into the top of the carb. While re-screweing it back in, i stripped the plastics threads on the connector:banghead: . I ordered another one, but it won't be here till Wednesday, and i am going riding on monday:cry: . The hotstart is still fully functional, it is just barely held in place. I don't want dust and dirt to get in there, so i was just going to use electrical tape to seal it off, in the meantime.

Do you think i should be OK for a 6 hour ride?:applause:

Thanks!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dirtysouth

Posted February 16, 2008 - 11:29 PM

Do you think it is OK to ride my 08 Wr450 with the Hotstart connecter into the top of the carb stripped? In an effort to re-jet, and get the carb out of the bike, i disconnected the Hot start which treads into the top of the carb. While re-screweing it back in, i stripped the plastics threads on the connector:banghead: . I ordered another one, but it won't be here till Wednesday, and i am going riding on monday:cry: . The hotstart is still fully functional, it is just barely held in place. I don't want dust and dirt to get in there, so i was just going to use electrical tape to seal it off, in the meantime.

Do you think i should be OK for a 6 hour ride?:applause:

Thanks!

IF you were me you would duct tape it and ride:thumbsup: You know the repercussions if it were to get water in there though so use extra tape heh heh!

• C-P

Posted February 18, 2008 - 08:37 PM

Well, if your bike starts running like $#it, you'll know where to look for problems. If you didn't do so already, you should get an aluminum hotstart nut. Zipty makes one - I got one with my fuel screw only because of the many warnings I read here...the $15 seemed worth not missing a day of riding...thanks again TT!!!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.