Somebody needs to start producing aftermarket plastics for the XR650L

8 replies to this topic
  • sbabs

Posted February 16, 2008 - 07:52 AM

They'd make a freaking fortune, and they have from 93 on to produce one mold for. I can't believe what this disc guard is up to:

http://cgi.ebay.com/...tem360022885671

90+ dollars for a 2.00 piece of plastic.:applause:

• Agent2

Posted February 16, 2008 - 09:05 AM

Kinda like the 40 bucks Honda wants for a swingarm chain guard - a strip of rubber. I am all for companies making a profit but some prices are unbelievable. Should start a thread on products with outrageous prices.

• Old Graybeard

Posted February 16, 2008 - 09:59 AM

That thread would be way too long!

• Rockjockey

Posted February 16, 2008 - 10:34 AM

Kinda like gas prices it is .78/gal in Kuwait today and .68/gal in Egypt,Cairo and .38/gal in Nigeria. Someone is making/taking entirely too much money. Its 2.79 here.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Rodriquez86

Posted February 16, 2008 - 10:39 AM

Yes they are also making to much money in the US. Gas prices 7 bucks a gallon here. US gas is cheap :applause:

• absynth01

Posted February 16, 2008 - 04:59 PM

Thats funny!!. He has the 650l written in the corner as he knows it fits multiple machines. Disk guards are swappable from many honda machines as well as frame guards, and rear caliper guards for the 650L. Here is a few pics of CR, and XR 600R stuff on an L. None was bought stateing to fit the 650. All parts were less than 30$ each
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

• Itchykawa

Posted February 16, 2008 - 06:16 PM

Kinda like the 40 bucks Honda wants for a swingarm chain guard - a strip of rubber. I am all for companies making a profit but some prices are unbelievable. Should start a thread on products with outrageous prices.

In the 1990's I did buy a aftermarket swingarm chain guard for my '94 model XR650L. Hope they are still available.

• Norge

Posted February 18, 2008 - 08:50 PM

They'd make a freaking fortune, and they have from 93 on to produce one mold for. I can't believe what this disc guard is up to:

http://cgi.ebay.com/...tem360022885671

90+ dollars for a 2.00 piece of plastic.:)

More like $190 for plastic bling (e-bay auction). I don't get it? Why would folks waste their $$ on plastic disk guards and plastic frame guards? Is it the bling factor? Cause out here in the west with sharp rocks, bling don't cut it!!!! :applause:

• sbabs

Posted February 19, 2008 - 12:34 PM

More like $190 for plastic bling (e-bay auction). I don't get it? Why would folks waste their $$ on plastic disk guards and plastic frame guards? Is it the bling factor? Cause out here in the west with sharp rocks, bling don't cut it!!!! :applause:

Amazing, that thing went for 173.00. There are some foolish people out there, I'll leave it at that.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.