oil screen question

2 replies to this topic
  • ToXicD

Posted February 16, 2008 - 07:35 AM

ok i have looked at the manual and the oem parts finder and i am trying to figure out how the strainer screen at the bottom of the oil tank works?? i dont actually have one so i am trying to go by the manual and pictures. i am assuming the inlet oil line with the banjo fitting goes directly to the bottom of the oil tank. if that is the case the how does the oil screen fit in there since it has a male thread on it?? the only thing i can think of is that the strainer screws into the bottom of the tank by the male threads, then the banjo fitting goes around the hex part of the strainer, which has a hole and female threads for the banjo bolt to thread into. if this isnt correct can someone tell me how it all goes together?? i am building a custom oil tank and i would like to use the strainer screen to catch the contaminants, thanks.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • nukinfutz

Posted February 18, 2008 - 11:31 AM

You are correct, as I am looking at the piks in the service man. also.....

• ToXicD

Posted February 18, 2008 - 05:11 PM

Does it actually show a pic of the female threads in the strainer bolt or the male banjo bolt cause My manual does not show this. I have the xr650 manual you get off the internet for free.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.