Anyone seen this seat cover????

7 replies to this topic
  • frankllynn

Posted February 15, 2008 - 09:44 PM

MY seat cover is ripped and I would love to find another like it. Does anyone know where to get the same one?

Posted Image

http://www.thumperta...achmentid=54784

• frankllynn

Posted February 15, 2008 - 09:45 PM

Also any good tips on recovering the seat

• ben_suhard

Posted February 15, 2008 - 10:10 PM

You're referring to your bike's seat cover aren't you, 'cause it looks like you're show-casing your jeans(a different type of seat cover)in the photo! :applause:

If you can't find another one the same, I say just go for a black gripper cover, they look good on any bike.

For fitting the new cover: Staple the front first, then the rear, then use a heat gun(a hair dryer will work too) to warm it up so that it's easier to stretch and get a tight fit. Staple the middle section on each side and work your way around the rest of it, still using the heat gun. You can remove and re-do any staples to tidy it up a bit if you need to.

• DeeCee

Posted February 16, 2008 - 12:10 AM

Try the Thumpertalk Shop, they have the Ceet range of seat covers listed.

I am about to fit the same graphics as you have. Decided to go with a black seat cover as I think it will look better that way.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • frankllynn

Posted February 16, 2008 - 06:58 AM

Thats my cousin. I dont know what hes doin back there

• frankllynn

Posted February 16, 2008 - 08:30 PM

what kind of staples and staple gun should be used. And what about spray adhesive.

• ben_suhard

Posted February 16, 2008 - 09:13 PM

what kind of staples and staple gun should be used. And what about spray adhesive.

You'll need a heavy duty stapler. I use a Black & Decker Powershot, but it doesn't really have the power to penetrate the plastic seat base properly, so eventually I'm gonna get an air powered stapler. I haven't used spray adhesive for doing a seat cover, but you could if you wanted to. I'm just wondering if it'd tear the foam at all when you move around on the seat?

• frankllynn

Posted February 16, 2008 - 09:44 PM

not sure about ripping, I just thought it would help keep it from wrinkling. That is something to think about thou

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.