Question about my Carb.

1 reply to this topic
  • dldavis_66

Posted February 15, 2008 - 04:23 PM

Hey Yall.

For those who don't know me, I got 2 650Ls ('05 and '07)

Stock carb.

Question:

Since I have only 2 circuits (pilot and main), what throttle pos does the pilot work in and when does the main kick in??

I'm guessing the pilot works to 3/8 throttle...??? The main kicks in at 1/4...???

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Denn10

Posted February 15, 2008 - 05:00 PM

pilot and idle circuit are first 1/4 throttle, Needle (your 3rd circuit) is 1/4 to 2/3 or 3/4 range and Main is 2/3 or 3/4 to WOT. Where the main takes over completely has to do where you needle is, this is why the washer in the daves mods. Most every other carb will have an adjustable needle with about 4 to 5 clip positions to fine tune AND thats what the DJ kit has also for the L.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.