buy or not? 04 wr450

6 replies to this topic
  • starfish

Posted February 15, 2008 - 01:20 PM

Hey found a good condition mostly stock 04 wr450. Asking price is 3k. Worth buying or should i find something newer? What year did they go aluminum frame?Yes I am going to race hare scrambles and enduros in the old guy class. My present ride is a 07 drz with a ton of mods. But it is around 280lb dry weight. Need something easier to pick up off the ground.

• kevinwr450f

Posted February 15, 2008 - 01:53 PM

WR's went to aluminum frames in '07. You should be able to do real well on a left over '07 if you can find one. Weighs in around 242lbs.....

• 2lcf

Posted February 15, 2008 - 03:44 PM

Not like you care in Oregon....but in California the 2004 WR was the ONLY year that was RED stickered............makes a huge difference in Cal.......I know the California laws suck...........:applause: :cry: :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • starfish

Posted February 15, 2008 - 04:01 PM

I have that before. What does it mean? California sucks. I was born and raised there. Hate it.

• 2lcf

Posted February 16, 2008 - 10:50 AM

I have that before. What does it mean? California sucks. I was born and raised there. Hate it.

RED STICKER is only allowed to ride Sept-May.....varies slightly from place to place...........but those are the only months you can ride anywhere legal.....all other months have to be on a track or private property......I think it's just another way California and the tree huggers can regulate bikers....:applause: :) :cry:

• Narrdo

Posted February 16, 2008 - 05:20 PM

Sounds about right, Newer body styles came out in 05, Thinner and smaller tanks, and radiators. However they have never gotten any lighter. Still 245 plus even with the aluminum frames. BTW, I'm selling my 05 for the same price. Indiana though, just giving you a price to work with.

• gregwr450f

Posted February 16, 2008 - 07:29 PM

mmmmm the 04 is the best out of all the WR's, none of that soft alloy/metal bolts that snap like playdoh.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.