Can Somebody Show Me A Pic Of An 08WR IMS Tank?

10 replies to this topic
  • Dube2

Posted February 15, 2008 - 07:45 AM

I've ordered my new 3.1 gal tank and not sure what they look like? The IMS website doesn't have the 07 or 08 pic on the site yet. Can anybody show me a pic of thiers? Also, I was told by a buddy of mine that the petcock should be changed to the 05 or 06 as it works better on the 08. Can you give me your $.02 please?

• KennyMc

Posted February 15, 2008 - 07:50 AM

You will need to get a petcock off of any year steel framed WR. If not, the handle for the petcock will be on the inside closer to the engine.

You will also need the shrouds off of the YZ.

Posted Image

• Dube2

Posted February 15, 2008 - 07:56 AM

Sweet Looking Ride Ken, Thanks For The Quick Reply. In Your Opinion, Will The Wr Graphics Fit On The Yz Shrouds? Thanks For The Info, Dube2

• KennyMc

Posted February 15, 2008 - 08:17 AM

I don't think so. I don't think the holes in the graphics line up. YZ shrouds = yz graphics.:applause:

• FastRides

Posted February 15, 2008 - 08:36 AM

Hey Dube2, I just ordered one of these as well and have recently done a lot of reading with the search function (there's a bunch of threads on this). Based on what I read, another option to consider is to just use the stock WR shrouds - you just won't be able to tighten the bolts on top of the tank (under the seat) b/c they don't line up (you could also punch new holes). A few on here have posted that they've been riding without the top bolts for a while with no problems. FYI, another issue I noted in research is that a handful of folks have had leaks with their IMS tank (primarily at the petcock) - maybe someone will pitch in if there are any updates on this (it may have been a fluke, I don't know). :applause: Good luck.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • KennyMc

Posted February 15, 2008 - 09:23 AM

I had a leak on an IMS tank I bought for an 04 CRF450R. It was at the petcock. I have not had a problem with this tank though. I also did not try the WR shrouds with this so i can't personally verify if they would / would not fit.

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted September 20, 2008 - 01:45 PM

Does any one know the part number for the 06 wr petcock as a whole or did you have to piece it together?

• KennyMc

Posted September 20, 2008 - 02:08 PM

Does any one know the part number for the 06 wr petcock as a whole or did you have to piece it together?

Aaron, the internet is a wonderful thing. Try using it sometime:busted:

On Yamaha's website it is listed as 2GU 24500-02-00 and it is the whole assembly including a new gasket.:excuseme:

I will be using it to order a new set of bars, handguards, clutch lever, grips, mirror, mirror holder....seems when you have a get-off doing 40mph, things will break:cry:

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted September 20, 2008 - 03:55 PM

Aaron, the internet is a wonderful thing. Try using it sometime:busted:

Honestly i tried! i was looking at the Yamaha catalogue on their website under 06 wr and they only show individual pieces

On Yamaha's website it is listed as 2GU 24500-02-00 and it is the whole assembly including a new gasket.:excuseme:

Where did you find that :lol: (also oem tt shows that part number at wr250 and 426 petcock) is that the part number you used if so i wont question it any more!

I will be using it to order a new set of bars, handguards, clutch lever, grips, mirror, mirror holder....seems when you have a get-off doing 40mph, things will break:cry:

ouch hope your OK...when i had a big crash at 80 i split my forehead open and had 16 sutures and now i look like harry potter!

• KennyMc

Posted September 20, 2008 - 05:19 PM

Honestly i tried! i was looking at the Yamaha catalogue on their website under 06 wr and they only show individual pieces

Where did you find that :excuseme: (also oem tt shows that part number at wr250 and 426 petcock) is that the part number you used if so i wont question it any more!

ouch hope your OK...when i had a big crash at 80 i split my forehead open and had 16 sutures and now i look like harry potter!

On Yamaha's website under their Parts&Service tab.

In answer to your other question about the metal inserts. No, my YZ shrouds did not come with any of the metal inserts. Used the stock ones.

http://www.yamaha-mo...parts/home.aspx

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted September 20, 2008 - 08:36 PM

On Yamaha's website under their Parts&Service tab.

i needed to look closer!:excuseme:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.