piston or valves? help!

10 replies to this topic
  • banshee69

Posted February 15, 2008 - 03:54 AM

Hey everyone.
well I have a 95 xr 600r and I really love it being just about stock.
but i was riding ,and she starts to backfire on me and stop dead.
i check spark plug,gas,electrical.e.t.c.
i notice that the decompresor lever was stuck and have no compression on kick starter.
what do you think?
valves or piston?
thank´s for your help.
fast riding always.

• ToXicD

Posted February 15, 2008 - 05:47 AM

Sounds like the decompression mechanism to me.

• banshee69

Posted February 15, 2008 - 06:08 AM

tank´s.
i will check that.

• creeky

Posted February 15, 2008 - 07:19 AM

Check the cable routing. Sometimes the manual decomp cable is misrouted and will cause the decomp lever to be pulled just enough to kill the engine. Does the manual decomp cable need adjustment? Maybe too tight?

• zipper600

Posted February 15, 2008 - 11:21 AM

Sounds like the decompression mechanism to me.

+1
Roda o descompressor manualmente directamente na cabeça e vê se faz alguma diferença.Se não fizer terás de abrir a tampa das valvulas para ver o k se passa.
Boa sorte.
Da outra vez respondi-te mas fiquei na duvida se recebeste a minha mensagem ou não.
Vai dando noticias :applause:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Denn10

Posted February 15, 2008 - 11:37 AM

+1
Roda o descompressor manualmente directamente na cabeça e vê se faz alguma diferença.Se não fizer terás de abrir a tampa das valvulas para ver o k se passa.
Boa sorte.
Da outra vez respondi-te mas fiquei na duvida se recebeste a minha mensagem ou não.

HOLY SHIAT can you translate please!!!!

• Agent2

Posted February 15, 2008 - 12:04 PM

HOLY SHIAT can you translate please!!!!

Well, kinda, with Babelfish this is what I come up with...
"Wheel the descompressor manually directamente in the head and sees if diferença.Se makes some not to make will have to open the cover of valvulas to see the k if it passes. Good luck. Of the other time I answered you but I was in doubts if you received my message or not. It goes giving the news".

• zipper600

Posted February 15, 2008 - 12:05 PM

+1
Boa sorte.

Turn manually the cam decompressor directly on the head cover and check if it makes any difference.If not you will have to pop up the valve cover to check it out.
Good luck.

The rest is a personal message:busted:

Portuguese is a pain in the ass aint it?:)

• zipper600

Posted February 15, 2008 - 12:12 PM

Well, kinda, with Babelfish this is what I come up with...
"Wheel the descompressor manually directamente in the head and sees if diferença.Se makes some not to make will have to open the cover of valvulas to see the k if it passes. Good luck. Of the other time I answered you but I was in doubts if you received my message or not. It goes giving the news".

These translators are funny as hell:worthy:

• martinfan30

Posted February 15, 2008 - 03:45 PM

These translators are funny as hell:worthy:

YA! LOL!

• xrltim

Posted February 15, 2008 - 08:37 PM

Get it warm, disconnect the cable going to the decompressor mechanism, then get her started and ride. If you problem is gone then the mechanism was hanging up, if not, you may have a bigger problem. Shoot some Sea Foam on the mechanism to be sure it's returning to the off position. Could be if the cable is hanging up that it's binding when you turn the bars???

Related Content

Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.