Check out Me Homemade Pipes

They perform...well...slightly better than the stock. I need to go to a dyno shop and get them tuned in a little bit. Maybe even need to mess around with the slide needle. Before putting those pipes on the bike ran kinda rich with the 165 main and Default DynoJet needle settings. Hard starts, plug needs to be cleaned. The exhaust ports are sooty black inside.

Okay...here we go...

How much for a set of them there pipes???

Uh...well...dunno yet. I bought about $500 worth of Stainless. The first 2 prototypes didn't turn out very well. Used up all the 16g x 1.25 of the first batch of tubing. Ordered some more 1.25 x 18g along with some 1.75 x 18g. Still got plenty of tubing left. The second time around was very successfull, obviously cuz of the pics.

Are they made out of stainless? It sure looks like it

Yes...304.

Oh and what did you do for the mounting flange at the head?

I basically mimicked the stock configuration. Used 1.5 x .120 . Had to flare the 1.25 a little bit to fit snug inside. Then I fused the 1.25 to the 1.50. Simple enough.

FYI I used wet beach sand (clean) on a mandrel-less bender. Only thing I had available at the time. Didn't too that bad a job. Foundry/casting sand would have been as good and/or better than a mandrel bend.