looking 4 wr450 jetting and emissions kit

5 replies to this topic
  • fatmattaz

Posted February 14, 2008 - 07:28 PM

hey guys,

sorry for the same questions u always get but i'm new to the sport and have a 05 wr450 and love it. a friend and i were talking about taking off the emissions stuff on my bike and he said there was a kit for that and rejetting it at the same time. i looked for something like that on the jetting forum and didn't see it or did not know what i was looking for. i would appreciate some advice from some wr450 riders. i live in tucson az about 2300 ft. in elevation give or take a couple hundred feet.

thanks alot fatmattaz

• KennyMc

Posted February 14, 2008 - 07:31 PM

Heres the link to what other people are running as far as jetting. I used the GYTR AIS removal kit (emissions stuff) from yamaha and put in the JDJetting kit.

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=411240

• 2lcf

Posted February 15, 2008 - 03:46 PM

I used the GYTR kit on my 08 WR........and love it.......not sure of the differences in the JD kit and GYTR........do all the mods....makes a HUGE difference.............

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • KickInTex

Posted February 16, 2008 - 06:57 AM

Go with the JD jetting kit and use the AIS removal kit that can be purchased on Thumper Talk. These combined with all the free modes will get your bike where it needs to be.:applause:

• fatmattaz

Posted February 16, 2008 - 08:23 PM

thanks for the advice,i ordered the jd kit and AIS KIT and look forward to install. i saw someone wrote about "free" mods ? what can i do for free? thanks for all the help.

• KickInTex

Posted February 16, 2008 - 10:44 PM

thanks for the advice,i ordered the jd kit and AIS KIT and look forward to install. i saw someone wrote about "free" mods ? what can i do for free? thanks for all the help.

Remove the stock butt plug from the exhaust, remove the baffle from the air box, shorten or replace the throttle stop, and unplug the grey wire under the gas tank. :applause:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.