wr450 jetting

5 replies to this topic
  • OLDFATGUYRACING

Posted February 14, 2008 - 03:19 PM

Hello, My buddy just put an mrd pipe on his wr450. The pipe is awesome. Now the bike pops and cracks on accel and decel. We are at sea level here in ill. What are you guys running for pilot and mains with an aftermarket pipe? thanks for the help. OFG

• byggd

Posted February 14, 2008 - 04:33 PM

Hello, My buddy just put an mrd pipe on his wr450. The pipe is awesome. Now the bike pops and cracks on accel and decel. We are at sea level here in ill. What are you guys running for pilot and mains with an aftermarket pipe? thanks for the help. OFG

Spend some time reading through some of the stickys at the top of the forum. Here is a link to one for jetting. But first you will need to find out what jets you are running now to get a baseline.
http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=411240

• C-P

Posted February 15, 2008 - 05:37 AM

What year bike? Does it still have AIS?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • William1

Posted February 15, 2008 - 06:36 AM

Keep in mind, the bike may well of been popping and such with the stock pipe but it may of muffled it out. Typically, a change in pipe does not increase decel popping unless the pipe is poorly mounted and has a leak.
On occasion, getting the jetting exactly correct can help reduce the popping.

• OLDFATGUYRACING

Posted February 16, 2008 - 05:03 AM

Thanks guys, the smog stuff is gone, 48 PILOT, STOCK MAIN, whatever that is, I will know today. I am reading the stickys now. OFG

• C-P

Posted February 16, 2008 - 08:54 PM

Stock main is 162. you're gonna want a bigger one...170? 175? Make sure the airbox restrictor and gray wire are done, too. Oops, I'm assuming it's an '07 now. I'm sticking with it.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.