Looking for black or white plastic for XR650R

10 replies to this topic
  • TheEvilNinja

Posted February 13, 2008 - 07:45 PM

Just got my XR650R a few weeks ago and am starting the process of making it street legal and getting it all Sumo. I was wondering if anyone knew of any companies making white or black pastics. I want all the pieces including a new tank (factory sized...not some oversized one) if possible.

• dmvmechanics

Posted February 13, 2008 - 10:26 PM

good luck dude, i looked and didn't find any kits. you can buy black # plates and front fender(universal). there is a 4.3 gal black tank, i forgot who sold it. you can graft on a cr 250 rear fender( search forum) and get a black seat cover. the only thing i never found any non-red radiator shrouds.

• Desertdan

Posted February 14, 2008 - 12:08 AM

Did you say you were looking for black plastic

http://www.atvms.com...846/0/body.aspx

Clark makes a black 4.3 gallon tank

http://www.justgasta...products_id=235

• TheEvilNinja

Posted February 14, 2008 - 04:53 AM

You rule. Looks like I'll be ordering these as soon as my tax returns turn up! Thanks!!!!

• rhythmofbeing

Posted February 14, 2008 - 09:29 AM

Did you say you were looking for black plastic

http://www.atvms.com...846/0/body.aspx

As far as I can tell, the 650R specific plastics (shrouds, side covers, fenders) listed are stock colors. Pictures can be deceiving.

FR FND RD XR650R 00-05
Item: 117128
RAD SHR RD XR650R 00-05
Item: 117129SD
PNL WH XR650R 00-05
Item: 117130
RR FND RD XR650R 00-05
Item: 117131

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jdubb75

Posted February 14, 2008 - 09:55 AM

I'm not sure about white, but if you want black there are several sources. Try UFO or eBay. The radiator shrouds will be the hardest to find in black. For those you will have to hit up XR's Only (they are not on their site...you will have to call)

Just a little props for The TT Store...I always look there for parts first. It helps keep the site alive. They usually have pretty good deals and you can't beat the free shipping. Even if they don't have what you are looking for listed in the store you can call them and they will check to see if they can get it. :applause:

• Loosescrews

Posted February 20, 2008 - 11:52 PM

I'm looking for rear/front fenders and shrouds in white if anyone knows of a resource

• Maroast

Posted February 21, 2008 - 12:41 AM

I'm looking for rear/front fenders and shrouds in white if anyone knows of a resource

hmmmm...I've never seen anyone with white shrouds before...dont know if they are out there.

As for the front/rear fender, that shouldn't be too hard. You can bolt a white CRF front fender on the XR650R with no problem.... also, from what I understand, with a little cutting and bolting/riveting, you can mount a CR or CRF rear fender on the XRR.

• ogrider650

Posted February 21, 2008 - 08:51 AM

xrs only carries black plastics, side panels, front and rear fender and i emailed them to confirm they do carry the shrouds
Hello,

The cost is $79.95 for the pair.

Thanks
Kamell
XR's Only
----- Original Message -----
To: <Shipping@XRsOnly.com>
Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2008 9:58 AM
Subject: XRs ONLY - : xr650r radiator shrouds

> This is an enquiry e-mail via http://www.xrsonly.com/content from:
> julian <julian@durayco.com>
>
> i heard a rumor that you were carrying the shrouds in black is this true?
> what is the price if you are
>
> thank you
>

• deminimis

Posted February 21, 2008 - 10:11 AM

Awsome thread! Can you guess why?
Posted Image

• Loosescrews

Posted February 21, 2008 - 09:45 PM

hmmmm...I've never seen anyone with white shrouds before...dont know if they are out there.

As for the front/rear fender, that shouldn't be too hard. You can bolt a white CRF front fender on the XR650R with no problem.... also, from what I understand, with a little cutting and bolting/riveting, you can mount a CR or CRF rear fender on the XRR.

I figured there would be an easy option for the front, i'll have to look into the CRF fender for the rear

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.