Happy Tenth!

7 replies to this topic
  • wolfmanjoe

Posted February 13, 2008 - 01:00 PM

Ten years ago today I bought one of the first YZ-400F that came into the Atlanta area. Got it at Metro Cycles where I paid full pop cause of the waiting list.In fact they told me the one that came with mine was put on the plane to Yamaha of Brazil.Read the mags and decided it was time for a change from the ring dings(plus I needed a excuse for not going for the 60 footers).No problems except normal wear and tear. Its been like a rock(sorry Chevy and Bob Segar).Heres hoping it keeps going and going(sorry Energizer bunny)! Kudos to Yamaha and Doug Henry for what they wrought!

• jayh300

Posted February 13, 2008 - 01:12 PM

that's cool wolfman.... i have a 99 yz400f that i have had for a year now... got all the original paperwork and manual. do you remember how much it was????
btw welcome to tt... the best site for our thumpers !!!!

• Ga426owner

Posted February 13, 2008 - 02:09 PM

Ten years ago today I bought one of the first YZ-400F that came into the Atlanta area. Got it at Metro Cycles where I paid full pop cause of the waiting list.In fact they told me the one that came with mine was put on the plane to Yamaha of Brazil.Read the mags and decided it was time for a change from the ring dings(plus I needed a excuse for not going for the 60 footers).No problems except normal wear and tear. Its been like a rock(sorry Chevy and Bob Segar).Heres hoping it keeps going and going(sorry Energizer bunny)! Kudos to Yamaha and Doug Henry for what they wrought!

I bought one also Wolfman....been hooked ever since....Everyone laughed at me for buying the first real 4stroker MXer......I remember all the noise everyone had regarding these vs 2smokes.....in 1999 and there after......
Got mine in Dalton Ga. at SYD
Funny now they are 10 years old and soon to be ready for Vintage Class (in a few more years)
Welcome aboard to TT

• PatrickM

Posted February 13, 2008 - 02:59 PM

I bought myself a 99 Y400F last year and I love it!!!!!!!!

I just cant believe a bike like mine is going to be considered a vintage bike soon!!!!

Long live the YZ400Fs!!!!!!!!!:applause: :) :cry:

Patrick M.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gbalias

Posted February 13, 2008 - 06:18 PM

mine too!!! woo woo...happy bday yami!

Posted Image

currently back to dirt form, and my 426 is the SM machine now.

• 426boy

Posted February 13, 2008 - 08:09 PM

i have to say they got it right the first time with the 400s!

• nori41

Posted February 14, 2008 - 09:47 AM

Why the change to 426 then 450. Why not straight to 450?

• gbalias

Posted February 14, 2008 - 11:35 AM

good question. but i remember looking up the mfg specs comparing 426-450 and if i recall correctly, it read the 426 with 50.4HP and the 450 with 50.1.

ill see if i can find where i saw it at. and of course, the 426 is heavy in comparison.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Wilson the Blue Privateer by jetfuel

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  50 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Should I buy this bike? help....... by Numsa Hul

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 10 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • 1 review
  • Last review by Tommyk_55
  • On January 15, 2017

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.