WR 400 TPS (cut the grey wire MOD)

1 reply to this topic
  • augino

Posted February 13, 2008 - 11:58 AM

i have 04 450 that i removed the grey wire under the tank as well as the throttle stop Mod as discussed in this forums. i also installed a JD jetting kit and the bike lost its off idle bog.

my question is about my 2000 wr 400. i cut the throttle stop on the carb but never removed the grey wire under the seat. why?? becuase i couldnt find a grey wire. does the earlier model wr 400 have a wire for the tps that needs to be removed like the 04 WR? if so what color is it and where is it located. i couldnt find anything in the threads on the older wr 400 nad the only grey wire under the tank is to the kill switch.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • maxtherat

Posted February 13, 2008 - 09:46 PM

The grey wire on my 01 is under the tank just to the left side of the bike. It is in a two wire connector with a black wire. Was your 04 in a 6 pin connector?

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.