whatever happened to a small project

7 replies to this topic
  • stepho

Posted February 12, 2008 - 08:11 PM

Have you guys ever started a project that all the sudden turns into a huge overhaul. A CRF upgrade on a 650L tuned into new forks, oversized rotor, new front master cyl,new lights, new gauges, new wind screen. Not to mention the rewiring and routing of cables oil lines, speedo sensor brakets, turn signals. Dont know if i will ever finish. Have you done a small modification and coulnt stop.:applause:
Here is what mine is looking like.

Posted Image

• stepho

Posted February 12, 2008 - 08:14 PM

Posted Image

• Thumpmeister

Posted February 12, 2008 - 11:12 PM

You mounted the oil cooler on the forks? Wouldn't that be hard on the lines in the long run, and lead to faster wear? Just wondering...

• porterdog

Posted February 13, 2008 - 08:23 AM

Have you guys ever started a project that all the sudden turns into a huge overhaul?

Nah, never.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • martinfan30

Posted February 13, 2008 - 10:00 AM

Every time!:applause:

• stepho

Posted February 13, 2008 - 10:18 AM

Thump. The oil lines are not in that much of a strain for mostly street riding. If I was going lock to lock all day long I would worry a little. The lines have been on there since june and they dont have any chafing. Using a good quality line is a plus too. Besides they are easily accessable and visual inspection is a piece of cake. So replace if needed. Look at them every oil change and your good to go.

• husky123

Posted February 13, 2008 - 10:32 AM

Velly nice fab work!

• ToXicD

Posted February 13, 2008 - 12:00 PM

Uh yeah, try putting an xr650r motor into a trx450r frame :applause:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.